“Indian tapas”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is not a "curry house"; as the name indicates, it specialises in thali-style selection of dishes - think tapas or mezze, but all served on the same plate - and the dishes are well designed to give a great balance of textures, flavours and heats. Clean and colourful decor (I love the retro Bollywood posters), consistently good service, and good value for money.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

At first I thought there would be nothing I liked, so I ordered the item that had what I liked in it. After my first bite, i fell in love with it instantly. I will definitely come back again. I am a very fussy eater, and so I didn't really want to go, but now I have gone I will definitely come back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited with my husband and 11 yr old son early Sat evening. My son is a fussy eater but tried the Mogul Chicken and said it was 'brilliant' which is an absolutely shocking response! I had the Northern Thali (V) which was full of a delicate combination of flavours. My husband had the Lamb Kofta and was equally as impressed. We also had starters and sides which just made the whole meal a wonderful experience. We will be going there again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went here for the first time last week. Local beers brewed by the Zero Degrees brewery, decent red / white wine served by the glass. Nice range of starters including some spicy potato cakes / vegetable and meat samosas. I had the lamb kofta thali which was very nice. Overall, the portions sizes are just right. Will return at some point next time I am in Clifton.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I have eaten at the Thali many times, and love their flavours, emphasis on free range, organic, local and their style. Amazing masala dosa. However, we ordered from their summer menu today- fish and chicken kebab as mains. The meals are really not as you might expect, the kebabs are small, and my fish was more like a fishcake, more potato than fish. The chicken kebab was also more like a 'chickencake'. Would not recommend the kebabs but the curries have always been tasty.

1  Thank drcottage