Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel
US$88
US$74
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$133
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$105
Priceline
US$96
US$85
1,833 results
All reviewsriver viewglass boatprivilege roomseparate bath and showerncp car parksuperior roomexcellent locationcity centregood sizemini fridgefloating harbourst nicholas marketlovely hotelbars and restaurantseggs benedictweekend breakreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked four rooms for the family for an Easter visit to Bristol with various requirements (e.g.one room with two infant cots.) The booking was handled throughout totally professionally.
The location of the hotel and the property itself is central and within walking distance of most attractions. The rooms are unique in design and very comfortable with many having water views. Great buffet breakfast!
All staff encountered.....bar,reception and breakfast were welcoming and helpful. Would recommend and will return.
p.s. one negative...bristol seagulls are a pain!

Room Tip: rooms facing the back of the hotel although without a view can be quieter at weekends (and cheaper). The hotel is in a fairly lively area!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IFrance, General Manager at Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we shall certainly look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards, Iain France - General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have stayed in this Hotel a number of times. This is my longest stay and I have to say I was more than under impressed.

Firstly our room wasn't made up once during our stay despite leaving the tag on the door 2 days running. We are leaving today and we are using the towels we piled on our floor on day 1. Our bed sheets had a tea stain on the duvet cover the day we arrived. We were given a room overlooking the back of the building even though we booked weeks in advance. (on all my previous stays I have had a delightful river view with sliding door). The room we had on this occasion had bad air con and the window only opened an inch meaning it was stuffy and hot all the time.

There was rubbish in the hallway for 3 days. Not much but I noticed the same piece of black plastic bag every day showing a total lack of care taken by the cleaning staff.

Dinner in the restaurant was shockingly bad. I enjoyed the desert (creme brulee) but the soup was far too salty and the fish was good but served on a cold bitter potato salad with oranges that tasted a little out of date, To top his off we were chased to the lift by a member of staff who assumed we had left without paying the bill! A little offended I explained I had paid the bill in cash before leaving. I did receive an apology but it was a little embarrassing to say the least.

Overall I like this hotel but felt this time my stay wasn't as pleasant as it could have been. Breakfast as always was amazing and I would recommend you take this with your room as it is expensive if bought separately. The staff are normal courteous but on this occasion I wasn't impressed and am already looking for other options for my Bristol visits.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a riverside room as the others have a terrible view and are hot and stuffy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback
with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to
contact me on 0117 929 1030 to discuss this further. Kind regards, Iain France - General Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times for nights out in Bristol, a couple of times for work related parties and once for personal reasons when the hotel first opened. I recall when it first opened (some time ago now) it was really modern & fresh it's starting to look a little tired now. However it's still a conveniently located hotel with pleasant enough spacious rooms & the breakfast is usually pretty good & the staff are very accommodating....although I did have to debate my room rate on my last stay (very odd). I'd recommend for a reasonably priced well located hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Iain France - General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Couldn't get through on the phone for nearly 40 minutes either direct or via their London number. On arrival I got excuses but no apology. The rooms are okay. River view rooms look out onto the river but it isn't a great view. Restaurant staff are good and the breakfast is tasty. Buffet style with plenty of choice. Parking isn't available at the hotel. You have to use a really expensive NCP at the rear of the hotel. If in the future I need to visit Bristol I will stay outside of the city. Wouldn't choose it as a break destination again.

Room Tip: Look outside the city for hotels with parking. If you must stay don't stay in rooms 405 or 406 as they are by the lifts and stairs and can be noisy at times. Assume the same applies on the other floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank johnM9693YC

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit and I’m
delighted that you enjoyed the majority of your stay however, I have noted your comments about the issue of the length of time it took to connect via the telephone with the reservations department, which we have since addressed this isolated technical problem. Kind regards, Iain France - General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple of times and would happily stay again. Great position on the water side and very nice, large rooms. Quiet at back of hotel, but worth paying more for waterside room for the views. Staff always helpful and professional. Relaxing bar and good breakfast. Easy walk through old town to Harbour area and lots of good eating and drinking places nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind words. I’m glad my team made your stay enjoyable. If you want
to come back and stay with us again, remember to book on the Mercure web site directly to get the best rates available in addition to being elligible for points with our loyalty program 'Le Club' Iain France - General Manager