1,965 results
All reviews river view glass boat privilege room separate bath and shower ncp car park superior room excellent location city centre good size st nicholas market lovely hotel bars and restaurants weekend break lovely room saturday night reception staff breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Reception and bar staff were very friendly and helpful. The premiere room was clean, a good size and came with a complimentary nonalcoholic bar. The view over the river was beautiful. We had a drink at the bar and the waiter told us about Sunday lunch. We thought that’s a great idea before setting off home. Next morning we went for breakfast which was one of the most low cost breakfasts I have experienced. Pouderegg, the sausages were awfull and both coffee machines broke down over and over again. So we left and went to a breakfast place near the market. After check out we cancelled the Sunday lunch as we didn’t wanted to risk to be as disappointed as in the morning. So: lovely hotel which we will use again but without breakfast. That’s for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 499karlheinzm
h6548am, Front Office Manager at Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 499karlheinzm,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were looked after by our team so well.

My sincere apologies regarding your breakfast experience, I have passed your comments on to our Management Team, so that they may address the issues you raised.

I do hope you return in the future so that we can give a much better experience next time.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

have always enjoyed our stays here........but STANDARDS have slipped badly

Chose a PRIVILEGE Room....according to the web site....DUAL ASPECT......one window equals SINGLE Aspect
Bed and pillows too hard for our liking
Bathroom needs an upgrade......chips in Bath , Grouting missing / loose
toilet seat loose
Breakfast on 2nd morning was COLD......commented and told WELL THE CONTAINERS ARE HOT........but the FOOD INSIDE WAS COLD....poor response

Checkout....might as well have said SOD OFF

FREE MINI BAR......CAN OF COKE and a BOTTLE of WATER

Dear Brian m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

My sincere apologies that our hotel fell short on this occasion for you, and that you feel disappointed in your stay.

I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Department and Management Team, so that they may address the issues you raised.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pros
The location is perfect for a trip to Bristol. Overlooking the river. Close to many great restaurants & bars. Within easy walking distance to the centre of the city.Lovely outside terrace which must be great in the summer for watching the world go by. The restaurant looked stylish but very quiet.
Room was a good size,very comfortable,warm & clean. Large TV,safe,fridge(empty) tea & coffee.
Cons
Noise. The air con sounds like a train constantly running over the ceiling. Didn't realise this the first night & hardly slept. Turned it off second night & had a better night. The third night about 5am there was a loud thud & what sounded like an industrial motor started up?
Entrance The door between the lobby had a notice starting it should be closed & accessed by room cards. However it was permantly wedged open. Not a good idea in these times. There was a police presence in the lobby on Sunday night which was a bit worrying
Parking The NCP car park behind the hotel is convenient but extortionate £25 a day. Yes the hotel gives a 25 per cent discount but it costs mega bucks to park for the weekend
Service When we arrived there was another couple checking in at the same time. We overheard the receptionist offering them an upgrade for free. We asked if the same applied to us & were abruptly told no.

Dear William21Cheltenham,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stay in Bristol quite frequently and usually stay in The Bristol. We got a great deal on a room at Murcure Brigstow so gave it a go. Amazing location, perfect for bars, restaurants, shopping, St Nicholas Market and the river. Check was quick and easy, room upgrade for being an Accor hotel member. Room was great, really comfy bed. My only surprise was that there wasn't any drinking water in the room and the mini bar fridge was empty! Room service carries a £5 surcharge, making a bottle of water £8.50! Told reception at checkout and got "oh yeah, the fridge in your was empty"
Would stay again but will take water with me!

Room tip: Book direct with hotel, they will match price and you'll get better facilities

Dear Cmac2015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can’t say anything bad about this hotel.
The location is spot on. It’s situated between Bristol nightlife/ restaurants and the shopping centre of Cabot Circus.
The room are spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
h6548am, Front Office Manager at Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Deanparry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.