“Ignore the bad reviews!”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate his birthday. The hotel is a great location for shopping and entertainment! The hotel was clean including the bathroom. The staff were fab so pleasant and friendly they were great when we panicked over believing we had lost our car keys! We ate at the beefeater on the Friday lunch and the Sunday night the service and staff yet again were faultless. The food was great value and was lovely enough to choose the restaurant for a second visit out of all the places available in town. Although right bang centre of town there were no noise and we had three great night sleeps! I really think the price of premier inn is budget but I have paid a lot more to stop in what would be classed as more desirable hotels but they fail in the areas where premier inn succeed such as cleanliness and friendliness. The car parking was great value too after originally budgeting £60 as I couldn't see the price on the website and believed it would be high due to location... it didn't even come to a third of that! I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough we've already planned to come back and stay here when doing out Christmas shopping weekend. I don't understand the reviews from people who were there around the same time as us and was moaning about service food quality and so on! All round top marks great weekend away! :)

Stayed: November 2013
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay with us.

We do hope your boyfriend had a great birthday?

Looking forward to meeting you when you come to do your Christmas shopping. The Christmas markets are set up in the centre and they look great. There is lot's to look at and lot's to buy.

See you both soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great location, nice rooms, check in and out were very speedy. Looking at the building, I was worried it would be a bit old fashioned, but this turned out to be unfounded. Premier Inn is always the nicest of the budget chains and this was no different.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NickT682

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your uplifting comments on your stay at the Bristol Haymarket.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Room temperature not consistent, either hot or cold, could not maintain a nice heat.
Room lighting very dark, not light enough to apply make up or read.
DON'T order a Dominoes pizza from that local outlet, it was the most awful attempt at a pizza I have ever seen and they should be ashamed to send it out. The breakfast in the Beefeater attached was very good

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry you ahd an issue with the heating. I have passed this on to my maintenance team to check.

We are improving the lighting and I hope on your next visit you can see the improvement.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I was on a business trip. The location is ideal for the centre of Bristol. I have never been to Bristol before, however do not be put off by some other reviews. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the towels were also clean, and the room had a freeview tv, which was enough. The on-suite bathroom and and shower was ok, the shower had enough power and was hot when I needed it. The breakfast in the beefeater next door was ok, I recommend that you pre-book and pay for the full "premier breakfast". There is a selection of cereals, fruit juices and coffee. The cooked breakfast was ok and was a hot buffet including sausages, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and plumb tomatoes and hash browns. They also had the usual selection of jams etc, and again this was a good standard and clean. I am quite a fussy eater, and the beefeater was also a good place to eat at night, and attracted some of the locals who were shopping nearby. Their steaks were good and thier chocolate brownies were also tasty.
The hotel is near "Cabot Circus" which is a shopping and entertainment centre, they have restaurants and also a cinema which was good to visit.
The only two things I would raise as areas for improvement is that they did not have a record of my booking to pay for breakfast in the morning when attending at breakfast, therefore their administration systems need improving. This did not cause me any real issues, as I had a print out of my booking booking which proved this, and when their breakfast staff checked with the other staff, they quickly found out that I had booked breakfast. I need to mention this, but this was merely a minor issue, as I would return to this hotel.
The next area for improvement is that if you are travelling on business, and your company has informed you that they have paid, please ensure that the person booking has paid this, as there are two levels of booking, one is only a reservation and the next is a payment, your company may think that they have paid when they have not if they are not used to using their system. I recommend that you need to check this as if your company has not paid, you will need to pay and claim back , or resolve this with Premier Inn. There was an issue with my booking, however I was able to resolve this with my employers and Premier Inn, the Premier Inn staff were really good with me. I would like Premier Inn to make it easier for their business users to book and pay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us here at the Bristol Haymarket.

I am sorry you had a problem with your payment.
To help our guest Premier Inn do have a Business Account card which companies can apply for and it is alot easier when making a booking.

Hope this help's.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I picked this hotel in Bristol City Centre because it was a good price and near where I wanted to be to visit the bbc studios, the rooms were clean and very nice and the staff very friendly and the breakfast was of good quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for giving your feedback on your stay with us.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last Friday and Saturday night with friends to celebrate my birthday. The check in was done without a hitch and we were asked if we wanted a table for dinner in the adjoining Beefeater at this point.
Our rooms on the 15th floor were lovely. The heating worked well. The rooms were spotless and as we found out both nights the beds were very comfortable.
As we travelled by train, car parking was not an issue but prior to arrival I received an email from PI telling me every detail on all the parking options in and around the hotel. Maybe some people don't have instant access to email so missed this helpful information!
The breakfast was excellent. Everything was refilled immediately on both mornings and the staff were very happy and helpful.
The dinner in the Beefeater was very nice but the waiter let them down by after clearing our main course plates away he then vanished for at least 45 minutes and on his return asked if we wanted anymore wine I think believing he'd already served us dessert. By this time it was late so we paid up and left. But as the main course was so good the chef was given the tip and not the waiter.
I think several stag parties were staying along with us but there was no noise at all from them early in the morning.
We would happily recommend this Premier Inn to anyone. We had a very enjoyable weekend! Thankyou all

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay and eating in the Beefeater next door.
I am sorry about the waiter but will inform the General Manager about this.

Hope you had a good journey home.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

You get what you pay for and for the price (twin room £62.50 per peron for two nights) it was good value. The room was quiet, clean and comfy. Staff were helpful and efficient (especially on arrival - sorry I didn't get her name).

Were pleased and surprised to be able to get a parking space in the PI car park for £8.00 per night, which is better than i had expected, as I had contacted NCP prior to visit incase I couldn't get a parking space and was told £25 per 24 hours with 25% discount for staying at PI. When people moan about the parking i am bemused - not because of how expensive as it would have been if had to use the NCP - but it does say on the PI web site and on their confirmation letter about limited parking and first come first served. maybe some people just don't read everything.

Would recommend and will be staying again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

The NCP's in Bristol city centre are very expensive. Cabot Circus car park charge £2.00 from 5pm to 7am everyday. It is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Look forward to seeing you on your next visit.