“Good value for money”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Obviously Premier Inns are always basic, but for the price I paid I couldn't ask for more. We were here for two nights. Staff were really friendly all the time we were there. Everything was clean. Shower worked. All I can say is bring your own toiletries because trying to wash hair with their all purpose soap was awful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

Our Head Office want to know any guest feedback so I will pass on your comments about the soap.

Hope to see you again.

Meery Christmas.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Let me start by saying I've stayed in many Premier Inns and have had no issues at all.

This hotel however, was fairly dissapointing from the start. Upon arrival the car park was marked as full (however it was later revealed the sign was broken and it did have availability). It's a shame check in is now automated, as the staff seem to spend most of their time checking people in themselves!

My room was O.K, fairly dated however everything worked. Poor TV quality when much better ones can be had so cheap nowadays, and although wireless is marked as free it's only for 30 minutes (protip - research MAC address spoofing before you arrive).

Breakfast was one of the biggest disappointments - has browns very soggy every morning.

I would say however that the staff were always friendly and very helpful - just a real shame on the age of the building :-(

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam H

Hi Sam,

Thank you for filling in your comments on your stay.

I am sorry you had some issues with the car park and breakfast.

We are having our car park resurfaced and this will not be completed until the new year. We are showing the car park full and have put the information on our web site for all our guest booking to see.

I will pass your comments on your breakfast to the General Manager in the Beefeater next door.

I am pleased to read my team did look after you.

Once again, I am sorry about the issues raised.

Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I generally enjoy staying at Premier Inns....but this was outrageous!!

The room was so dirty that even the bedside table fittings were sticky. I stayed with my brother in a family room so I had the single bed. When I pulled the sheets out from underneath (you know when they tuck them in) there was so much dust I thought I needed to sneeze.

The room smelt SO BAD. There is no natural air in this building as it's so big - and you can't open the windows. We tried flushing the smell out by turned the air-con on but had no luck.

The toilet still had skid marks in and there wasn't even a brush to get them out with. The bath was so dirty that I actually boiled the kettle and rinsed it prior to getting in the shower. There was hair EVERYWHERE.

Totally not worth the £95. Bristol, you have let me down!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Hi Laura,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your room.

We do work to maintain a high standard in all our rooms and I am very sorry that on this occasion we have let you down. I will be speaking with my housekeeping team concerning your comments.
If you stay in any Premier Inn again, there is always a team member on duty 24 hours. They are there for the guest and any issues which may arise.

Once again I am very sorry.
Hope you have a good Christmas.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

One does not stay at a Premier Inn if you are looking for luxury – you get what you pay for – and this particular Premier Inn is no different in that it offers an adequate room at an acceptable price.

However, the car parking facilities are limited which can be frustrating, and it is a large hotel with rooms on some 17 floors, so the service can be impersonal.

The wretched automated check in facilities are a source of irritation and frustration since they rarely seem to work, and I witnessed several guests encountering problems with them. However, it is appropriate to record that the small team in the reception area were on hand to help, and were very professional and friendly, which is all the more commendable since they must get more frustrated with the machines than the guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JM1510

Thank you for writing your comments on your stay with us here at the Bristol Haymarket.

I fully appreciate how frustrating the car park is for the guest and also for my team. Before the building was a Premier Inn it was Bristol Council offices. 55 car park spaces were enough then but as a 224 bedroom Premier Inn it isn't.
We do put alternative car park information on our web site to help our guest before they come to the hotel.
If any of our guest have van's or high cars we advise using one of our Premier Inn on the Bristol outskirts. They all have their own car parks with no high restriction.

I hope you do visit us again.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the rude staff. It was our first ever trip to Bristol and we did not feel welcomed at all!! There was no customer service what so ever during the two nights that we stayed there. Would not choose to stay in this Premier Inn ever again if I visit Bristol again. However, great location as it is located in the city centre so everything is close-by.

Room Tip: AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!! Would recommend Holiday Inn instead.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Samantha W
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate his birthday. The hotel is a great location for shopping and entertainment! The hotel was clean including the bathroom. The staff were fab so pleasant and friendly they were great when we panicked over believing we had lost our car keys! We ate at the beefeater on the Friday lunch and the Sunday night the service and staff yet again were faultless. The food was great value and was lovely enough to choose the restaurant for a second visit out of all the places available in town. Although right bang centre of town there were no noise and we had three great night sleeps! I really think the price of premier inn is budget but I have paid a lot more to stop in what would be classed as more desirable hotels but they fail in the areas where premier inn succeed such as cleanliness and friendliness. The car parking was great value too after originally budgeting £60 as I couldn't see the price on the website and believed it would be high due to location... it didn't even come to a third of that! I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough we've already planned to come back and stay here when doing out Christmas shopping weekend. I don't understand the reviews from people who were there around the same time as us and was moaning about service food quality and so on! All round top marks great weekend away! :)

Stayed: November 2013
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay with us.

We do hope your boyfriend had a great birthday?

Looking forward to meeting you when you come to do your Christmas shopping. The Christmas markets are set up in the centre and they look great. There is lot's to look at and lot's to buy.

See you both soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great location, nice rooms, check in and out were very speedy. Looking at the building, I was worried it would be a bit old fashioned, but this turned out to be unfounded. Premier Inn is always the nicest of the budget chains and this was no different.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NickT682

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your uplifting comments on your stay at the Bristol Haymarket.

We look forward to your next visit.