Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
“Perfect”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked this hotel as I was taking a friend to a hospital for investigations, and this hotel was the nearest
From the initial booking to our departure all was perfect
The staff were very accommodating & facilitated an early check in and late check out, which was necessary due to the timing of the hospital appointments
Our rooms were clean & comfortable, and we had everything we needed for our stay
The hotel is very central and had a wonderful Beefeater restaurant just nextdoor
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments on the hotel and Bristol Fashion.

I will pass on your comments to the Beefeater..

Thank you again and look forward to your next visit.

Dawn and team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Polish first
Derby
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here as a place to meet up with all my university friends and their families, a sort of reunion 20 years on. Staff were very friendly from the off, I called to book a table in the beefeater restaurant for all 16 of us and the staff on reception and in the restaurant couldn't have been more helpful, going out of their way to save us a big table even though we weren't quite sure when the different families would be arriving or eating. Dinner was great fun and the staff were so helpful, catering for our every need. Can't understand the comments about staff being unfriendly at all. Food good, standard beefeater stuff which is what we wanted with families. Breakfast great and free for kids, a nice touch. I was struck by how quiet the hotel was at night, they really stick by the good night's sleep guarantee and actually remind you about it on check in, I don't always sleep well in hotels but did here. Only slight gripe was that a family room seems to be just a double with beds that pull out from underneath, meaning that it was a bit tight on space with 4 of us, I would have rather paid extra for a bit more room. Car park is v small but we luckily got a space. Overall fantastic value, I have stayed at places 5 times the price which are 5 times worse so in future will always go for premier inn when looking for a value place to stay. Great location In heart of city
centre too. Thank you!

Room Tip: Don't expect a huge amount of space in family rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lwareham
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us at the Bristol Haymarket.

Glad a table was sorted for you in the Beefeater, giving you all time to sit, relax and catch up.

We hope to see you all back again but hope you don't leave it another 20 years.

Sunny Bournemouth UK
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Normal premier inn standard in the rooms - except, very dull lighting, windows that didn't open at all (I was only on the second floor) and the net curtains are behind the secondary glazing so you couldn't slide them back to let more light in. The heating didn't work, at least it didn't warm the room past about 19 degrees. House keeping didn't clean or replace mugs on second day, half a cup of cold tea left in one. All of this I could put up with..... But the car park was infuriating. On the first night I turned up and the car park said full, I called reception and the said that it wasn't actually full, and raised the barrier. I parked without a problem. On the second night it said 'spaces' above the entrance and so drove in. It turned out that it was actually full, but as there were a couple of other cars behind me it took us ten minutes to get out. Once out I called reception who informed me that there was a secure NCP down the road. The direction that reception gave me (after 3 calls and being cut off as no one was able to answer, according to the recorded message) were poor and sent me in the wrong direction. The chap said to follow the one way system.... There are many in bristol. When I finally found the car park (20 minutes later) the tariff for 24 hours was £20. It turns out that I could have stayed at the Marriott (car park included) for less than the premier inn and car park costs. Very disappointed overall and will be asking our procurement team to select a different supplier for all staff on future visits.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank roberdobdobin
Hi Robert,

I am very sorry about the problems you had while staying with us.

We pride ourselves on the high standard within our hotel. I will be speaking with my housekeeping team concerning the issues you had within your room.

With only 55 car parking spaces at the hotel we do try to get the information and directions for Rupert Street NCP to all our guest. Our web site has details,emails sent to our guest has details and on the car park entrance there are leaflets with the directions.
I am very sorry that on this occasion we missed getting the information to you.

Menorca
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Right in the heart of Bristol and very convenient for the bus station (airport connection), this hotel is ideal for a short stay. The reception staff were very good; the room was clean and comfortable and what you would expect for a medium price hotel. All in all good value for money.

Room Tip: The windows in our room did not open so, with the double glazing, we had no noise at all from the tr...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndyandRosBacon
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your comments.

I'm sure we'll see you again on your next visit to Bristol.

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My heart sank when I saw the concrete monstrosity that is the Premier Inn in Bristol but the location and the staff were wonderful. We had a huge room compared to the usual Premier room so were well impressed. Not the cheapest Premier but compared to some of the other hotels in Bristol, it didn't break the bank!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fetchminardi
Thank you for your comments.

The building was once Bristol Council Offices and have been here from 1972 and were converted to a Premier Inn 2000.
Once you see the height of the building it is a shock.

I am glad the room was good and the team looked after you.

Look forward to your next visit.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

A clever blend of an old inn - right on the dock and behind the Llandoger Trou - the ancient inn down the road from the Bristol Old Vic - a cobbles and character. So an amusing marriage between Tudor and 21st century. Bravo Premier Inn for putting together this interesting pairing.
Beds and bathrooms all top notch but with an excellent breakfast in an historic building.
Parking is not a problem as you get 25% off the multi story nearby

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobininBRISTOL
Hi Robin,

Thank you for your comments which I will pass on to the Team Leader at Bristol King Street Premier Inn.

Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights from Boxing Day. Arriving at 8 in the evening we found the check in very smooth, but our second floor room was cold. After 10 minutes of cold air blowing through the air conditioning I went to Reception and they brought up a heater. The room took about an hour to warm up but was fine for the rest of our stay and we didn't need the heater again. The air conditioning was a bit noisy.

Luckily we didn't have a car so didn't experience the parking problems others did. The bus station is right next to the hotel. To get to the shopping centre the most direct route is through an underpass called the Bear Pit. It is OK during the day, but a bit daunting late at night. If you turn right outside the hotel and walk about 200 yards there is a pedestrian crossing which gets you to the shopping centre without going through underpass.

Breakfast was a bit of a challenge. The servery is poorly laid out meaning staff have to carry hot trays of food whilst negotiating queues of guests waiting for coffee and hot food. Rearranging the servery, adding another coffee machine and a putting out a few more mugs and plates would help reduce the queues and make breakfast more enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 98ajc
Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

The Bear pit is at the moment going through an upgrade. We have been informed the work will take up to 5 months to completed.

I will also pass on your comments to the GM in the Beefeater next door about breakfast.

Thank you again.