“Great location for Colston Hall”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently stayed here for a night as I was going to a concert at Colston hall which is only about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel. The staff were friendly and polite and the room was clean and comfortable. We had asked for a twin room and the second bed was fine. The bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water the following morning. The car park is small and had no spaces when we arrived, but we knew that this was likely in advance and had received directions from the hotel to get to Rupert Street NCP which offers a discount to the hotel's guests. I had the best night's sleep in ages!! Breakfast was fine, with a large choice of food. The hot food was fresh. Couldn't fault the stay and would definitely use this hotel again if going to another gig at Colston Hall.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CornishEm
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Firstly, hope you enjoyed your concert and thank you for your feedback.

There are lot's of good concerts coming soon, so I'm sure we will see you again.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn, Haymarket, Bristol, on Wednesday 5th February 2014 on business and had a very disappointing stay. I was allocated a room on the 9th floor and upon entering the heat in the room was overwhelming. I programmed the air conditioning, which seemed to make the room hotter! Despite the air con control panel indicating minimum and maximum levels the only level was very noisy. Following my complaint to reception the hotel engineer investigated and stated the unit had been set to deliver hot air and changed the setting. This change did work but the unit was noisy and could not be left on for too long. I later had a meal in the pub restaurant next day and found the food below par and over priced. When I went to bed I was shocked to find that the mattress was incredibly hard with springs protruding. There really is no excuse in this day and age for sub standard mattresses. I then had to get dressed and report the problem to reception. The lady on reception was very helpful and provided another room on the 8th Floor. I found the bed in this room marginally better and had a reasonable nights sleep. I must praise all of the staff in the hotel and pub they work incredibly hard and are very understanding. The hotel stay however was not a good one and I doubt I will return

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to write down feedabck on your stay.

I am very sorry you had a problem with your air con and the mattress. I will pass on your comments about the food to the General Manager of the Beefeater next door.

We do take all our guest comments serious and address any issues they raise.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Room was a good size with modern fixtures. Plenty of room to work and wifi a good speed. Staff on hand if any problem. Pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was i.e. Not disturbed by other guests or noise from the city. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked this hotel months in advance so managed to get it for £29 for the night....Bargain! I have always stayed in Premier Inn hotels so knew what to expect. My only problem with this hotel is the plug sockets. It may of only been in our room but the sockets are fitted too close to the wooden panelling/desk so its pretty much impossible to plug anything in that has the plastic moulding at the base of the plug. OK so its not the end of the world but it can be rather inconvenient!
Otherwise a perfect stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

Glad to read you got one of our £29 rooms.

I am sorry about the plug socket. When you stay again, please ask at reception for one of our extension leads.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I like Premier Inn but this one proved to be a real hassle as the local car park was full and I had to park a fair walk from the hotel. Be warned .... if that is ok with you then you should find everything else fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am sorry you were unable to find a car park near the hotel.

With only having 55 spaces at the hotel, we do advise our guest to use the NCP at Rupert Street (BS1 2PY) which now gives our guest 25% discount.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Two close friends of mine stayed with you for 12 days recently, because the husband needed treatment at the nearby hospital. The kindness and friendliness they received from your team was truly wonderful, and made a huge difference to their stay. You are obviously a very special group of people -- thank you very much indeed!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your comments on your friends stay.

We all try hard to make sure all our guest are looked after. It nice to see from your comments we are doing this.
Being in hospital is not always a good experiance and knowing we are there for the patients and their families is important.

Thank you again Phil.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked this hotel as I was taking a friend to a hospital for investigations, and this hotel was the nearest
From the initial booking to our departure all was perfect
The staff were very accommodating & facilitated an early check in and late check out, which was necessary due to the timing of the hospital appointments
Our rooms were clean & comfortable, and we had everything we needed for our stay
The hotel is very central and had a wonderful Beefeater restaurant just nextdoor
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely comments on the hotel and Bristol Fashion.

I will pass on your comments to the Beefeater..

Thank you again and look forward to your next visit.