“Standard premier inn experience”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed for one night, we checked in using the online kiosk, which was quick and efficient. The room was clean and duvet and pillows were a high quality. Bed was comfortable, our only negative remark was that we were only given one bath towel in the room. Is this a new company policy ?
The car park was full when we arrived but we found nearby parking at the same price as at the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you were given a towel short. It is 1 bath towel per guest. If you require more we can get them to your room.

Hope to see you again.

Dawn and team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

First time in a Premier Inn and it was as good as I expected. Much was made of the good night's sleep guarantee and it was an excellent night's sleep. We didn't bother with the breakfast or dinner as there are many excellent places to eat and drink out in Bristol.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Roadrunner,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is the absolute pits!! The only saving grace was Dawn the manager, who actually had people skills and a respect for her customers and the importance of customer service. Stayed for two nights, went out for a few drinks on the Friday to arrive back to the hotel around 1am where we had to register and have our names ticked off on a clipboard like a school!! I didn't pay so much money to be treated like I'm staying in a prison. We were woken up around 4am to our toilet bubbling and making various noises and the stench of sewage filling our room! We were only given one set of towels in a double room, trying to get hold of reception would've been easier using morse code. When we did finally get hold of them after 4 or 5 rings we were greeted by rude staff who never actually fulfilled our request which meant we had to go down and get our own towels, not a massive problem really but very annoying when you pay for a service that is generally simple in other hotels. Not for these guys! The second night we were greeted by the rudest manager ever who barged into our room claiming the disabled alarm had been pulled (we didn't book a disabled room) she continued to snoop round and in her prison guard attitude told us to keep the noise down. She returned about 5 minutes later after we had honoured her request and turned the music off. She was even more rude the second time round! Atrocious attitude. We had booked 4 rooms in the hotel, each on different floors. We convened in one room which apparently doesn't comply with their T&Cs even though I read no more than 2 adults sleeping in the room. We were wide awake getting ready to leave the hotel around 10pm. We returned to the same prison checks on arrival back to the hotel and another couple that were in the process of being booted out of the hotel. This hotel is huge, it cannot handle itself and the sheer occupancy that it has is out of control for the staff who clearly haven't attended basic customer service training. I would never stay here again even if it was free. Waste of money and an infuriating experience.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank HRS21

I have read your comments and I'm sorry about the issues you have raised.

I would like to go through some of the areas you have pointed out.

Being a 224 bedroom city centre hotel, I do have extra night team and security on both Friday and Saturday nights. The security check names to rooms with all guest incase of any emergencies. Also being a busy city centre hotel we do have people trying to get in the hotel during the night who are not staying. I am sorry you feel it is like school but we do have to look after all our guest.
We have alarms in all our accessable rooms and if the alarm sounds within the reception area we have to go to that room.

After speaking with you on your departure Sunday. I did inform you that I would speak with the person on duty on her reture to work.

We pride ourselves on our service and if we get any issues, they are delt with immediately. I am sorry again that you have had these issues. Safety and security is important for me for both my guest and team and will remain. My team rude attitude towards my guest is something I do not tolerate and will be addressed.

Please again acept my apologies.
Dawn

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Received exactly what we were expecting and what is reasonable to expect for the price. Spotlessly clean and quiet simple accommodation. The staff were polite and could not have been more helpful; they even phoned just before check-in time to let us know the car park was filling up. This is a City Centre hotel and we were glad to have parking facilities which were secure and on-site. We ate in the restaurant where the service was very good and again we felt we got what we paid for. A couple of steaks and lashings of wine in a chain restaurant for £40.00.

No complaints at all and feel some of the reviews on here are wildly unfair.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you Team Putney for your valued comments on your stay and my team.

I will pass this to the General Manager in the Beefeater about your meal.

We do try our best to look after all our guest needs when staying away from home.
It great to get comments which show we're doing it right.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Staff polite and friendly, got to room and key cards would not work so had to traipse back down to check in to get cards re validated .At breakfast many cooked items not available and had to stand around waiting . Toaster not working properly and so the queue got longer.many items on the continental breakfast were not available,not worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

I am sorry you had issues at breakfast. I will pass on your feedback to the General Manager in the Beefeater.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were satisfied with our stay at the Premier Inn Haymarket Bristol, the rooms were nice, clean and relatively spacious and the customer service was good however we would definitely reconsider driving to the hotel as the access to parking was poor and the cost was ridiculous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeaJane89

Hi Jane,

Thank you for giving your comments on your stay with us.

With only having a small car park which we inherited when converting it from a office block to a Premier Inn hotel. We have got a 25% discount of the NCP car park at Rupert Street, it is a secure car park.
There are other car parks in Bristol but not near to the hotel.

When you do visit again, please call the hotel and we can advise on any issues before you arrive.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arrived and checked in on self service went to evening meal to be asked if I booked a table even thoughI had paid for meal deals. managed to eat in the bar area and wawaited a long time to be served! !!
Went to bed at quiet time 2200hrs - 0700hrs yeah right noise from other people on same floor gone 2330 didnt really sleep much at all! !!! Breakfast good following day and evening meal good again when Tring to sleep noise again a right pain.. as I coach tour operator I tend to use independent hotels and well as big branded one's, but as visiting family and shopping weekend I thought I would take take to see if I would take a coach party there. To be honest after hardly any sleep I don't think I would! Poor

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank chrisboy86

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry you had issues with noise.
We do have a team member on shift 24 hours a day. They are there for any issues our guest have and you can call the night team from your room.

Once again I am sorry.