Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
2,028 results
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantbeefeater next doorbeefeater attachedcar parkcity centrebus stationmeal dealair confamily roomgood nights sleepcabot circusbudget hotelself servicecolston hallnight's sleepcomfortable bedmember of staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall some very helpful and professional staff. However, in the evening some very unhelpful staff, reluctant to help with small requests (e.g. extra duvet) and poor attitude. It may well be (as one evening staff member stated) that they were the only person on and it was difficult to help. If so, I do feel for them. However, that doesn't help when our room is icy (due to a problem with the AC) and we're trying to put our small son to bed in his coat while we waited for the room to get back up to normal temperature.

Additional issues to bear in mind if thinking of booking: The hotel is reasonably clean and tidy but generally looking a bit grubby and run down. The parking is very limited and, even with the Premier Inn discount, the nearby NCP is very expensive (approx £15 per day). Location - it's in a run-down part of town with issues with people hanging around and drinking in shop corners and side streets, in case you're returning to the hotel late with children. On the up side, we had a quiet night with no issues of noise, either from other guests or the nearby main roads. Basically okay, but the worst Premier Inn I've stayed in, and I've been to several.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were using this hotel due to it being very close to the hospital which, is where my husband was being admitted for surgery.
On our booking form I asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel. When we arrived we went to find our room and went through a door that said "Ssshhh quiet zone" excellent we thought, until we heard a baby crying and discovered it was in the room next to us!
The service at The Beefeater on our first day was very slow, but the food was good.
On the second day the Quorn burger was just warm, so I sent it back, when it came back to me it was much the same! I ate it as I was on my own, exhausted from the day and just wanted to eat and go to my room, but when my plate was collected I did point it out. I was immediately offered a free pudding/coffee which I declined, then paid my bill and left.
When I got to the room a hot bath and bed was my plan, I had a warm bath as the water didn't run hot, which did not impress me.
The compliment that I would make was that the staff in the hotel were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help, so that was much appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 612 it was a quiet part as it was at the end of the corridor well away from the lifts, but it had no view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Room was spotless and had everything you could need. Room was very modern and the air con was an added bonus.

Disagree with the few reviews we've seen about the hotel being dated, couldn't see a single dated thing in any area of the hotel we visited!

Handy location within walking distance of shops, Bristol Hippodrome, Colston Hall and the train station.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It has a great position and fab Beefeater attached....

That said, its dated, so dont expect all modern clean and shiney as it isnt by any means and is in need of a re-vamp....

It has very limited car parking and in summary Its no where near as nice as other "Purple Palaces" Ive stayed inn recently....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wokkoone
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I had not been well and we enjoyed a short mini break at the Premier Inn City Centre Haymarket on 6th to 7th August. We stayed in room 301. The room was clean and airy and the bed was amazing. The duty manager was extremely helpful as were all the girls on duty those 2 days. Furthermore, the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. It was a little pricey £93.50 per night with breakfast for 2 but it was certainly well worth the money as you get what you pay for. Thank you Alison and the team. Mary and David

Room Tip: 301 - very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple