“Very Good Stay Marred By Room Next Door”

Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very Good Stay Marred By Room Next Door”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

stayed here for one night on the 5th august with my 6 year old daughter. The Hotel whilst not the most attractive from the outside is Very nice and clean on the inside and the staff were very welcoming and very helpful. Our room was almost perfect all bar a couple of dirty mugs(which were dealt with by staff)but the rest of the room was spotless, comfy beds and excellent air con. We booked to eat in the attached beefeater which was all dealt with easily and had a great meal there(reviewed seperatley). The only downside was that after we returned to the room at about 8.45 to get ready for bed I(luckily my daughter was asleep pretty quickly as very tired after day at zoo and way past her normal bed time) then had the displeasure of hearing the tv from the room next door as they inconsideratley watched it at a very loud level for the next two hours! Mentioned this to the staff in the morning and about whether volume limits could be put on the tv's(really don't know if this is possible) and the problem was dealt with in a very professional manner. Overall apart from the inconsiderate neighbour an excellent hotel with excellent staff and will stay again if in Bristol

Room Tip: We were on 9th floor and no probs with noise from outside.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Polish first
Melksham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I found the hotel great the room was clean and tidy the staff were great .the hotel was in just the right place. the only thing I can bad about the place is the dining there was to few staff so we had to long time

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We broke a long journey to Cornwall at this hotel - we often use Premier for overnight stays because we find them well-located, value for money and child-friendly. In this case we got exactly what we were expecting - a decent night's sleep in clean, comfortable surroundings followed by a hearty breakfast - a big bonus for us is that children eat for free!
The hotel is looking a bit tired and dated, and the rooms were a little on the small side for four, but it was fine for the night (A new Premier is being built around the corner, and i assume this will be an upgrade).

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We could walk to the shops, the harbor side, Colston Hall, restaurants, etc. The rooms are pretty typical of a premier inn - perfectly acceptable. However, I do think that the children's pull out beds were particularly uncomfortable here. They were all springs and no padding. We have stayed at other premier inns where the children's beds are more comfortable.

Preston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Needs modernising , family rooms small, beds n good . We had standard double bed that creaked. Children's beds sloped and my limitless boy kept rolling out, shower very poor - Not the premier inn standard we are used to

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall some very helpful and professional staff. However, in the evening some very unhelpful staff, reluctant to help with small requests (e.g. extra duvet) and poor attitude. It may well be (as one evening staff member stated) that they were the only person on and it was difficult to help. If so, I do feel for them. However, that doesn't help when our room is icy (due to a problem with the AC) and we're trying to put our small son to bed in his coat while we waited for the room to get back up to normal temperature.

Additional issues to bear in mind if thinking of booking: The hotel is reasonably clean and tidy but generally looking a bit grubby and run down. The parking is very limited and, even with the Premier Inn discount, the nearby NCP is very expensive (approx £15 per day). Location - it's in a run-down part of town with issues with people hanging around and drinking in shop corners and side streets, in case you're returning to the hotel late with children. On the up side, we had a quiet night with no issues of noise, either from other guests or the nearby main roads. Basically okay, but the worst Premier Inn I've stayed in, and I've been to several.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Haymarket) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were using this hotel due to it being very close to the hospital which, is where my husband was being admitted for surgery.
On our booking form I asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel. When we arrived we went to find our room and went through a door that said "Ssshhh quiet zone" excellent we thought, until we heard a baby crying and discovered it was in the room next to us!
The service at The Beefeater on our first day was very slow, but the food was good.
On the second day the Quorn burger was just warm, so I sent it back, when it came back to me it was much the same! I ate it as I was on my own, exhausted from the day and just wanted to eat and go to my room, but when my plate was collected I did point it out. I was immediately offered a free pudding/coffee which I declined, then paid my bill and left.
When I got to the room a hot bath and bed was my plan, I had a warm bath as the water didn't run hot, which did not impress me.
The compliment that I would make was that the staff in the hotel were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help, so that was much appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 612 it was a quiet part as it was at the end of the corridor well away from the li...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple