“Not what we thought, disappointed”
Review of Arnos Manor

Arnos Manor
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Not what we thought, disappointed”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Chose this hotel from information ( buy a gift.com ) that went with my birthday present from my son, on arrival no lift working, we were on the top floor!, curtains hanging from rail & dirty, one light not working, noisy from extractor fans for air con. In dining room, could have done with air con in room very hot, food awful, they could do with a chef & not a cook. The saving grace in this place was the staff, friendly & cheerful.

Room Tip: Pay the top price & hope
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_ArnosManor, General Manager at Arnos Manor, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your comments with regards to your stay here with us at The Arnos Manor Hotel It is much appreciated.
I read your comments with disappointment and please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on this visit, rest assured I have shared your comments with the team so they can take action and ensure we do not encounter the same problems in the future, we take all feedback seriously and strive to deliver the best service and good quality food, I am sure you will welcome the fact that we are due a refurbishment in the near future, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Well where do I start. When you go on line the hotel looks very nice. That is where it ends. The reception is dated and just like everywhere else that I went in the hotel what it was crying out for was slick of paint. The staff were as helpful as possible but that is not enough. I was told that if I needed anything then I only had to call 0 for reception. Never did find the phone!! The room looked as though the carpet had been replaced not too long ago but again the paintwork was crying out for help. The bathroom was ok with a spa type bath in it as well as a separate shower but again the bath looked as though it had seen better days. The ceiling paint was cracked badly. The towels was not much bigger than a hand towel. I was looking for some sockets by the bed and when I moved the bedside tables all I found was the skirting board covered in a thick layer of dust. I was also offered towels at around 2030 as they had just been delivered but were no different to what I already had. The food although cooked ok was just about enough for a very small mouse. If you are still thinking of staying here I would say don't!!!! The only plus point I could give is that the staff were very friendly and tried there best but only 1 person taking orders in the dining room is not enough especially at breakfast. I only had breakfast because I had paid for it. Will never ever go here again.

Room Tip: Couldn't possibly give advice on this
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_ArnosManor, General Manager at Arnos Manor, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First impression wen I walked in was the building was very old and tired the girl on reception was slow and has us waiting to check In for about 10 mins flapping about behind the desk there was a woman complaining her bed smelt funny I was worried at this point wen I finally got to my room (room 175) it was not very nice at all the windows was broken I had to take I draw out of the dresser to hold the window open as it was boiling in there there was no mattress protecter on the bed or the pillows very unhygienic and the bed was also very uncomfortable and tended to roll out if you were on the left side the room it's self was dated rundown the decor was a mess paint from the wood work on the bathroom window the toilet was also not cleaned properly had dried you know what on the back of the toilet there was dust on top of the wardrobe and the curtains was quite dusty and it started my allergies off I found one towel in the bathroom in my double room for 2 I tried to get some sleep but I needed up leaving at 3am the bed was horrible and room was to hot and dusty waste of my £67 I could not be more disappointed on my stay here at arnos manor hotel also during the evening the smoke alarms went off which wasn't very impressive at all the man on reception wen I left was lovely shame about the hotel and overall experience

• Stayed June 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Like a fool I'm here for two nights it's not one of the worst places I've been but it's in the lowest five not even a kettle in the small room at 20.30 tonight a cleaner knocked to give me some towels as there wasn't any. The food was flavourless and not a great deal of it thank god the company is paying or I'd be off now

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_ArnosManor, General Manager at Arnos Manor, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Reviewer
I read your comments with disappointment and please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on this visit, due to an issue beyond our control our linen delivery was late on the night you stayed , rest assured I have shared your comments with the team so they can take action and ensure we do not encounter the same problems in the future, we take all feedback seriously and strive to deliver the best service and good quality food, I am sure you will welcome the fact that we are due a refurbishment in the near future, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

before me and my husband went we looked at the reviews of this hotel and I must say I was regretting booking it because the reviews did not seem nice at all but when we arrived at the reception the staff were friendly and helpful when we got our room it was great four poster bed lounge area and best of all we had a spa bath which I loved the breakfast was fantastic every thing that you need in a breakfast theres only one thing , blankets don't like them but that's my choice but it was nice and warm in the room so did not need it but overall fantastic place great staff great food would deffently return thank you for a brill 2 night stay

Room Tip: the front of the building first floor
2 Thank 424holidaysareus
Dear Reviewer
I was pleased to read your review with regards to your stay with us here at the Arnos Manor Hotel. I read your comments to the team and they were delighted that you found them friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

With all of our kindest regards
Sheerness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staff are great and very helpful, our room was right at the back, no lifts, not quite what we expected, the owners should spend a bit of money on this Hotel, it is very run down, it's a shame, as the staff do anything for you, to help your stay, if only the owners give them the tools to help them. Good bus service into the City. Our room was over the function hall, so the music could be heard in our room through the floor. So some soundproofing would go down well. This Hotel has great pertensial, just needs a few bob spent on it. Apart from the late music leaking into our room and the room being a bit tatty, we would stay there again, if we could choose our room. Thank you to all the staff, who done their best to make our stay enjoyable. Your a bunch of nice people.

Room Tip: The number 1 bus into the City is just round the corner to the left, £1.50 each way per person into...
1 Thank Joecrow123
GM_ArnosManor, General Manager at Arnos Manor, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Reviewer
As with any traditional building we face our challenges and I am sure you will welcome the fact that we are due to start a major refurbishment in the near future.
We look forward to welcoming you back and Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

With all of our kindest regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a last minute night away on the 14th June. We paid £50 for the night and were informed the room would normally cost £85-90. The hotel is fairly shabby and in need of a lick of paint (there were lots of marks on the walls and the doors were very dirty and yellow). We were provided with Room 14, on first sights it is fairly dated but had character and given the age of the building this is to be expected. On entrance to the bathroom there was urine and toilet paper in the toiler and a hair on the seat. We immediately rang reception politely to request some cleaners to come and clean the bathroom, the hotel reception advised that it wasn't possible and requested that we should come back to Reception to have our room changed. The reception did not apologise once!!! We were moved to Room 163 (which appeared to be an upgrade as it had a Jacuzzi bath). This room was larger and a little cleaner (however there were still cobwebs around the bathroom window and a small amount of dirt in the bath!). There was also no phone in the room and we had to request a hair dryer from reception. I can certainly understand and accept a Hotel with character and being a bit rough around the edges due to its history, however there is absolutely no excuse for it to be dirty. I would be ashamed to have guests stay in rooms in such a grubby condition, I felt awful having spent £50 never mind the £85 it should have cost!

Dear Reviewer
I read your comments with disappointment and please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on this visit, rest assured I shared them with my team so they can take action and ensure we do not encounter the same problems in the future, we take all feedback seriously and strive to deliver the best service and good quality food, I am sure you will welcome the fact that we are due a refurbishment in the near future, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.