“Condem The Place Before Someone Gets Seriously Hurt, Honestly”
Review of Alpha Guest House

Alpha Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Alpha Guest House
Ranked #44 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
plymouth
“Condem The Place Before Someone Gets Seriously Hurt, Honestly”
Reviewed 9 March 2008

OH MY GOD mr wong is the most unwelcoming little [--] you will ever meet, quick to take your money then a complete nightmare to get it back he is still threatening me after i got home and even came to my address 130 miles away, freak .here is some advice on the place, its been on watch dog and has been voted the worst hotel in britian and i will back that all the way. never eat food there as you might catch some of the worst diseases on this planet, the kitchen is riddled with animals and actually made me sick. i am an electrician and noticed a few worrying things about the building there was no fire or insurance certificates on display. the owner mr wong and his wife look terrified everytime you see them incase u complain. there is no RCD for the showers so u could be electrocuted judging by the condition of the shower installs i got plenty of video evidence of the dump and will be sharing it with my fellow victims of the ALPHA DUMP. when i left the guest house i booked int another guest house 5 mins away called GALLA guest house it cost 5 pounds more but is luxury very welcoming and friendly family, very very clean rooms and has satalite tv every chanel, not like alpha tv all [--] chanels WE ARE ENGLISH MR PONG sorry MR WONG. CCCCCOOOOOOOOOONNNNNDDDDEEEEEEEMMMMMMMM THIS HHHHEEEELLLL HHHHOOOOOLLLLLEEEEE

• Liked — the day i left
  • Disliked — the staff and the crumbling building
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
32 Thank imnuts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
england
Reviewed 28 August 2006

After arriving in bristol and spending a lovely night in a hotel I decided I would try a local guest house for the following 3 nights I had there. Upon arrival i stood at the door ringing the bell to be met by a rather odd looking character who could speak but only after thinking rather hard for a long .Putting that asside as i was in a rush I paid my money to his wife and got my key deciding to put my clothes etc in the room later(how i regret not looking first).

Upon arrival later that night i was rather shocked to see what the room was like i have seen many badly and kept establishments(not that i would say this was an establishment more like a war torn house.)

On awaking the following morning to see that i had shared my bed with a couple of guests.not the human kind but the little flying ones.At this point i was going to be sick but the thought of visiting the bathroom took that away as that was worse than the room.

The following 2 nights i slept in a car as it was 100% safer and cleaner.
If you do read this i would really take notice as im not stuck by any way but my god i would not let a dog stay there it that bad

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — dont ever go there
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
25 Thank fuzzyheadedwomble

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

billingham
Reviewed 21 July 2006

£16 bed and breakfast, sounds very good in this day and age but don't even bother ,the bit of breakfast u get is cold , the showers are either to hot or freezing the bedroom doors do not lock , although the room i stayed in was cleanish, they have a dog that continually yaps through the night the front door is very hard to get in with a key i snapped a key and never got my deposit back, the managers appear very friendly untill u trie to get any deposits back they say contractors welcome but dont know what they think we are don't even think about it.

Stayed June 2006
14 Thank merakuk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2005

Well... Where do I begin....
After looking for a guest house for a quick overnight stop off in Bristol I came across Alpha Guest House... Ha!
All seemed ok to begin with, I telephoned and booked our room well in advance, then the day before we travelled I phoned them again, just to double check all was still ok... we were informed that everything was still fine for us to arrive the next day.
So off we set the next day... heading to Bristol for a show we were going to see... However when we arrived at Alpha Guest House (Ha ha ha, I still cant say that without laughing... Guest House... Right lmao)
We knocked the door and after a little while, a scruffy looking man came to the door... and shouted through the glass "NO MORE ROOM! NO MORE ROOM!" ... we tried to explain that we had booked and who we were, but to no avail, as all he kept on shouting was "NO MORE ROOM!".
I decided that maybe he hadn't understood what we were trying to say, as he wouldn't stop shouting at us. So I telephoned the number for Alpha, after a while a man picked up the phone, I asked politely... "Hello, Is this Alpha Guest House?"
After a pause ( I expect he was looking out the window and saw me stood there on my mobile) he responded by shouting down the phone... "We reserve the right to refuse entry ... " and something else that I couldn't understand (as he was shouting) Then he slammed the phone down on me.
well, after that (Warm? he he) welcome, we decided we should look for another Guest House to stay the night in, and by the sound of it... we had a very lucky escape. I have contacted trading standards and reported Alpha Guest House... I look forwards to hearing from them.
Anyone else wishing to report them to trading standards can do so by typing a search named "Trading standards" and going to the site that says Trading Standards Consumer Complaints. They will get it sorted.
I am pretty sure there are many people out there who want to complain, but don't know how to go about it. Above is your chance to air your disgust at the service and standards of Alpha Guest House to someone who WILL take action, Make yourself heard :o)

• Stayed March 2005
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool
Reviewed 6 February 2004

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. how is it possible places like this stay open. Do NOT stay here its not good for your health. Don't touch anything electrical and don't be tempted to eat. I'm having trouble sleeping after staying just one night in this hell hole

13 Thank JPCookster
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 26 January 2004

Luckily we were only there for one night, but the place was so awful (damp, mouldy, smelly) that we came back as late as possible in the evening and fled early the next morning before breakfast was served!

9 Thank Luxolady
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2003

Words struggle to describe the horror that is the Alpha Guest House.
The building is filthy and damp; the electric sockets are loose; the toilets a health hazard; and the rules and regulations that govern your stay would be funny were it not all so depressing and misplaced given the conditions in which you are expected to sleep. Be warned by the fact that the most prominent of the many notices inside the front door declares 'no refund after five minutes'. Fortunately I only had to stay for one night. I skipped the inclusive breakfast. It has recently been awarded the UK's Worst Hotel award by the BBC.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member