“Alpha Guest House Coronation Road Bristol”
Review of Alpha Guest House

Alpha Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Alpha Guest House
Ranked #46 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
billingham
“Alpha Guest House Coronation Road Bristol”
Reviewed 21 July 2006

£16 bed and breakfast, sounds very good in this day and age but don't even bother ,the bit of breakfast u get is cold , the showers are either to hot or freezing the bedroom doors do not lock , although the room i stayed in was cleanish, they have a dog that continually yaps through the night the front door is very hard to get in with a key i snapped a key and never got my deposit back, the managers appear very friendly untill u trie to get any deposits back they say contractors welcome but dont know what they think we are don't even think about it.

Stayed June 2006
15 Thank merakuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 4 April 2005

Well... Where do I begin....
After looking for a guest house for a quick overnight stop off in Bristol I came across Alpha Guest House... Ha!
All seemed ok to begin with, I telephoned and booked our room well in advance, then the day before we travelled I phoned them again, just to double check all was still ok... we were informed that everything was still fine for us to arrive the next day.
So off we set the next day... heading to Bristol for a show we were going to see... However when we arrived at Alpha Guest House (Ha ha ha, I still cant say that without laughing... Guest House... Right lmao)
We knocked the door and after a little while, a scruffy looking man came to the door... and shouted through the glass "NO MORE ROOM! NO MORE ROOM!" ... we tried to explain that we had booked and who we were, but to no avail, as all he kept on shouting was "NO MORE ROOM!".
I decided that maybe he hadn't understood what we were trying to say, as he wouldn't stop shouting at us. So I telephoned the number for Alpha, after a while a man picked up the phone, I asked politely... "Hello, Is this Alpha Guest House?"
After a pause ( I expect he was looking out the window and saw me stood there on my mobile) he responded by shouting down the phone... "We reserve the right to refuse entry ... " and something else that I couldn't understand (as he was shouting) Then he slammed the phone down on me.
well, after that (Warm? he he) welcome, we decided we should look for another Guest House to stay the night in, and by the sound of it... we had a very lucky escape. I have contacted trading standards and reported Alpha Guest House... I look forwards to hearing from them.
Anyone else wishing to report them to trading standards can do so by typing a search named "Trading standards" and going to the site that says Trading Standards Consumer Complaints. They will get it sorted.
I am pretty sure there are many people out there who want to complain, but don't know how to go about it. Above is your chance to air your disgust at the service and standards of Alpha Guest House to someone who WILL take action, Make yourself heard :o)

• Stayed March 2005
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed 6 February 2004

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. how is it possible places like this stay open. Do NOT stay here its not good for your health. Don't touch anything electrical and don't be tempted to eat. I'm having trouble sleeping after staying just one night in this hell hole

14 Thank JPCookster
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 26 January 2004

Luckily we were only there for one night, but the place was so awful (damp, mouldy, smelly) that we came back as late as possible in the evening and fled early the next morning before breakfast was served!

10 Thank Luxolady
Reviewed 23 August 2003

Words struggle to describe the horror that is the Alpha Guest House.
The building is filthy and damp; the electric sockets are loose; the toilets a health hazard; and the rules and regulations that govern your stay would be funny were it not all so depressing and misplaced given the conditions in which you are expected to sleep. Be warned by the fact that the most prominent of the many notices inside the front door declares 'no refund after five minutes'. Fortunately I only had to stay for one night. I skipped the inclusive breakfast. It has recently been awarded the UK's Worst Hotel award by the BBC.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2003

Close the bloody place down , worst place in the world , TRUE

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2003

I have stayed at the Alpha Guest House for 5 days and the experience is undescribably terrible. It is the dirtiest guest house with the rudest people with the worst service I have ever come across. The council should do everyone in Bristol a huge favour by closing it down.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member