The Town and Country Lodge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbristol airportairport parkingearly flighteggs cooked to ordersmall tvlong staycontinental breakfasta bit tiredroom was largewhat it says on the tingood sizewould stay againstayed for one nighttaxistopovercornwallhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here on Saturday 20th July. We booked 2 rooms a twin and a double. They were clean and very spacious. The breakfast was good, the staff were very busy and coped well. I thought that we got good value for money overall and if I was down that way again and needed some where to stay wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Simple and clean accommodation. Negatives are squeeky bed, 3" mattress, v think walls which all meant no sleep. :( Positives - good desk and WIFI which was important for my work.

Bathroom a decent size. Negatives are the shower which had simply no power at all! and no cold water!!! Water from hot tap blisteringly hot!! From the cold tap - hot water! I ran the water for a long time but didnt change. Another couple at breakfast let me know they had the same - so it wasnt just me :)

The staff here are very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast. A decent selection and self service full english. Poor quality sausages but good bacon. I found out too late that you have to order eggs if you want them as cooked to order. Everything else is on a hotplate. Should be a sign or at least mentioned by the staff. On the whole though I enjoyed the breakfast so should be taken as a positive. Had I realsised the egg situation - I would have little to complain about.

Bar - was ok. Very little atmosphere. Flat beer. Staff nice though and beer was changed with no fuss.

Any mgrs reading this should know staff member Paula really made a difference to my stay both in the bar and at breakfast - couldnt have done more!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shegs147
Reviewed 24 June 2013

VERY basic accommodation, admittedly, inexpensive. Room smelled of damp. Toilet cistern was too big, meaning that it was impossible to put the seat up. Walls are VERY thin, can hear everything from adjoining rooms. Evening meal of burger and chips was acceptable for the price, and staff very helpful. Breakfast however was a different matter, unhelpful staff, cold bacon, no eggs and congealed tomatoes.
I will be visiting Bristol again very soon but think Ill pay a little more for a better quality place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank M_James_12
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Used Town & Country Lodge for the third time in April 2013.The rooms are large and basic but for what you pay no complaints.The staff were excellent and we both liked the bar for a drink before our meal which were reasonably priced.
We both had a pub style dinner one gammon egg and chips,one lasagne which we both enjoyed.
Breakfast was buffet style as much as you wanted but limited choice but good quality.
Would use this hotel again if we are on any awkward flight times from Bristol.

John &Sue in Torquay

Room Tip: Ground Floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff were really welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean and had all the facilities that we needed. We were only using The Town and Country as a base for a night out in Bristol but were more than happy with the hotel. Breakfast was also very good and set us up for the journey home.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends