“Great location, but could do better”

The Town and Country Lodge
Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great location, but could do better”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is close to the airport which was the reason for our visit. The motel could do with a good facelift. The decor has to be dated to the eighties... For the cost I think you can do much better. If I need to stay near the airport again, I'll give this one a miss and stay in one of the many independent places around the airport. I paid £55 for the night, and as I said I think you can do much better. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have no other choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I booked here for a buffet following a funeral. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and also the helpfulness of the staff .We ordered the hot buffet with pizza, chicken drumsticks, sausage rolls and sandwiches this was followed by clotted cream and strawberry jam scones. Some buffets can be very bland with cheap sausage rolls and chicken. Not the case here . The food was top quality
Top marks from me

Stayed January 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I must have had one of the rooms that had not had a refurb because my room was absolutely freezing. The bathroom didn't have any heating and it had a ceramic tiled floor which was so cold you couldn't walk on it, the bed wasn't so comfortable and the television was really small. I had about one hours sleep due to the coldness of the room

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lizzy232273
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had a great stay at the town and country lodge , we booked one night , room was lovely ,clean. Food at the restaurant was lovely. Breakfast was good as well eggs made to order. Will defo stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Truro, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked for one night before going on holiday as we had an early flight, Left car in secure parking for 2 weeks. Booked through travel agent when we booked holiday so had a very good deal. Will use again if we have early flight

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried about staying here, how wrong was I the location is fab, the room is clean and spacious with a lovely bathroom. We dined in the on site restaurant the service was fantastic very helpful and attentive, the good was amazing and to top it off the wine was lovely. Would defiantly re comes if going to Bristol airport or shopping in Bristol city centre.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I arrived quite late in the evening and appreciated the reception was still open. The feel of the hotel was a little cold in decor and service. It had the feel of a motel with the room I was staying in located outdoors. As a female staying alone I didn't feel particularly safe, especially as the rooms were so open, and found it to be poorly secure.
I was only there for one night, so it was sufficient, but would not recommend if you had other choices to stay at.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Winford Manor
#36 of 37 in Bristol
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel
Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Bristol City Centre (Lewins Mead) Hotel

Been to The Town and Country Lodge? Share your experiences!