“A Wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Westbury Park Guest House
Ranked #27 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We recently spent 9 nights here. Our room was spacious, well appointed and quiet. We were treated to either a cooked to order English breakfast or an assortment of cereal and fruit each morning in a lovely dining room. Karen is a very friendly and helpful host who obviously puts a great deal of care into her guest house. It was like coming home each night when we returned. It was a real treat staying here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back of the house. We heard no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blaireau
There are newer reviews for Westbury Park Guest House

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We took our two children to stay here in May 2012, it was a really lovely place to stay. Very handy for central Bristol. Very nice rooms and a great home cooked English breakfast. We will be back.

Room Tip: The top rooms good for families
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

As we had already stayed at this B&B which is very near the Bristol Spire Hospital, I thought a second stay would be a good idea. Wrong. The first time we had a room at the top of the house which had a fairly newly installed shower room. This was clean. The second time we stayed there, we had the ground floor room as I was unable to climb the stairs. What a shock it was. First of all the "shower room" and toilet for this room was so filthy, it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for months. The floor was eaten away with grime. On top of the radiator, and on top of the skirting boards, was thick with dust, dirt and remains of builders' rubble. I had to clean the toilet myself. I could not have a shower in the cubicle as it was so dirty. The owner was not in residence that night. She had told us that there would be no breakfast the next morning. We didn't appreciate that this meant no breakfast at all, of any description. Not even a bowl of cereal and tea. On checkout, she grudgingly knocked £10 off the bill for the lack of breakfast, but only when we asked her. I cannot believe that this establishment warrants a 4-star rating from the AA, and I tried to leave further feedback on Tripadvisor in January, but the website doesn't allow you to leave another review within three months of your first one. This room was also freezing cold, and portable heaters had to be brought in by a neighbour. Because the owner knew the room was booked, she should have arranged for the heating to be on when we arrived. Apart from the lack of breakfast, my main complaint is the absolutely filthy shower room and toilet. I just don't understand how the owner could have expected anyone to use it in the state it was in.

Room Tip: Until the owner of this B&B has a good clean up, I wouldn't stay there, if I were you. But...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pam_Shapiro_2004
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I live in Bristol but stayed here for several nights recently while the builders took our house apart and put it back together again. This little gem of a guest house was just like being at home, without the chores. A very friendly welcome from Karen, comfortable room, easy parking, easy atmosphere and perfect breakfast. We are looking for an excuse to revisit. We would thoroughly recomend for both business and leisure visitors.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a double and a single bed
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is the first time I have stayed in Bristol hotel accommodation, being my family home earlier visits have been to home form home or earlier home.
This Guest House which I will let you share just a few photos of is the next best thing to home.
If you want to stay at home do so, if you should need to venture out of your home, this is surely the next best you can get to for the accommodation friendly welcome or for the fine English breakfast table** (see photos later) I can heartily recommend the visit/stay.
For the lost person who doesn't know how to use a tea spoon for his add salt & pepper to his breakfast I could recommend doing a scout camp, or short term in the military or just stay home!

Room Tip: I was in room 1, my three nights were fine slept well & woken up by the lovey smell of English b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed at the Westbury Park Guest House last week as I had an appointment at the Spire Hospital, which is only about a 5 minutes drive away. We had room 9, which was at the top of the house and not a good idea if you can't climb a lot of stairs. The room had a nice new shower room off, but was quite small, so no room for a comfy chair to sit in. But, as we were only there for one night, it didn't really matter. Tea and coffee tray provided, wifi, and TV. Slept very well. Breakfast, which you order the evening before, was excellent. My husband said the bacon and eggs was the best he'd had for ages! We have booked to stay again in January, when I go back to the Spire, but this time have booked the ground floor room, for easier access and a bit more space. Overall, a very convenient place to stay near the hospital, and quite good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask what floor your room is on, if you don't want to climb a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Visiting friends who could not accommodate us, we chose this place off the internet. The very pleasant owner, Karen Hewson, apologised for the fact that the only remaining room had a bath without a separate shower but, by the time we had arrived, she had swapped our room for another and we had our shower! The room was quite small, a dormer under the eaves, but it was clean and comfortable and the shower was good, effiecient and clean. The breakfast (included in the price) was excellent, with a good choice, which Karen asked us to choose the night before, to enable her to plan. She also provided for Marmite addicts. Altogether a very comfortable two nights. The price was slightly higher than Premier Inn up the road, but included breakfast and was more elegant but homely.

Room Tip: In very hot weather , I suspect that the top-floor rooms would be quite hot. In such a case try to...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Victoria Square Hotel
Norfolk Guest House
Norfolk Guest House
#22 of 53 in Bristol
Your Stay Bristol Beaufort House

Been to Westbury Park Guest House? Share your experiences!