“Disappointing 2 nights”
Review of Arches Hotel

Arches Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Arches Hotel
Ranked #14 of 52 Bristol B&B and Inns
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointing 2 nights”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was looking for a quiet B+B close to the venue of the British Masters Weightlifting championships 2013 and at a distance of 1 mile this hotel looked an ideal choice. I was greeted very warmly when I arrived on Friday 22nd March after a 190 mile journey. The room I was given was large having a double and single bed on the ground floor. The radiators were full on and it was pleasantly warm even though outside it was very cold! I was tired after the long journey but around 12:30 someone came in and disturbed my sleep. Then around 01:30 am another guest disturbed my sleep. Not good for a weightlifting competition! The next night I reitired early and this time lots of guests came in just after midnight and I shouted at them to keep the noise level down. Then about 2.30 am in the morning the people in the room above my room came in banging around to 04:00 am.
I will not be booking here ever again. I was not offered a reduction.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank timetachyon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dorking
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Very friendly and warm welcome. Clean but old fashioned room worth very small ensuite. Great for us as we were going to a party locally so could walk. Very nicely presented continental breakfast that catered for many dietary requirements.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexa G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here very recently. Would highly recommend it. Cosy and warm. Very jovial and friendly, helpful owners. Good free WiFi all over and a great location, being very close to the centre. Very close to loads of shops and restaurants. Parking right outside.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
south coast
Reviewed 9 August 2012

for £67.50 what they charged me and a freind is way too pricey for this place, the rooms got that
fausty smell of old if you know where im comming from. they are something of out of the seventies
and as for the continental breakfast you can forget it. a croissant warmed up in the microwave
is something to see. not bein horrible but id rather sleep in the car next time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank micky1234
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Incredibly friendly and helpful couple run this place located near town but on a quite road off Gloucester road. The breakfast was big and catered for gluten and daily free. The room was large and had good facilities and was cleaned daily. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank JamesReakes
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I went to a wedding in Bristol and was able to book a room here at the last minute probably due to undeserved poor reviews. When I arrived I explained that my sister was ill and couldn't come so the owner reduced the charge to a single tariff. How kind. When I explained that I was late for the wedding he quickly showed me round and left me to it. The room was clean and comfortable and the price reasonable. Breakfast was delicious and all the staff were friendly and helpful. For these reasons I rate this as a GOOD place to stay and would go again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank carolinet374
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Arches is a basic B&B Hotel. The owners are lovely. Rooms are clean and basic. Most rooms include your sink but the bathroom is down the hall. One bathroom has a toilet only, the other one has a shower and toilet. Seeing i was traveling with most of the people staying there, it was ok. The bathrooms are super clean as is the B&B and the management is very accommodating. Breakfast is included and there is a Breakfast room. There is no sitting room or community room at The Arches though so if you want to sit and visit or read, you will have to do it in your room or find a pub or coffee shop.

Room Tip: If a bathroom in your room is important, than reserve that specifically.