“Highly recommended !”
Review of Downlands House

Downlands House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Downlands House
Ranked #16 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Street, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended !”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in room 6 for one night ,while my husband was in hospital . I found the bed very comfortable ,with lovely bed linen ,and big thick fluffy towels in the shower room ,as well shampoo ,soap etc provided . It fitted my requirements perfectly .Every where was clean and tidy .I had a super breakfast and Patricia was very accommodating when I had booked for two nights and only stayed the one .Her hospitality and understanding were exemplary ! I would certainly recommend her B&B !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kent
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been visiting Bristol regularly for a few years now and always stay at Downlands if they have room. That's not just because it's such nice, comfortable, accommodation. The people who run it are a delight - always remembering what I like and nothing is too much trouble. I've just spent another couple of days staying there and, as always it takes a great deal of stress out of travelling and staying away from home

Room Tip: I've staying in a few different rooms and all have been clean, comfortable and well supplied wit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
liverpool
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We Stayed one night whilst we visited our son at uni, we had booked a double room, we are a gay couple and the first thing we were asked " was it a twin you wanted"? No, a double as we had booked please, was our response! We were taken up two flights of stairs to a very small attic room, where the bed was wedged up against the velux window! The ensuite shower room was the smallest we had ever seen, in order to dry yourself you had to leave the door open, for one night we put up with it as we spent most of the time with our son but for £78, this was not worth it. The decor in this room needs up dating and a good clean!

What was very surprising was that the waste bin in the room still contained the rubbish from the previous guest, for example dirty tissues and tea bags! Not good! I think this B&B lack attention to detail. The breakfast was ok at best but the sausage was soggy and of very poor quality.

We did not see the other rooms during our stay but if you are registered as a four star B&B there should be consistency in all the rooms, I can only assume from reading the other reviews we had the worse room!

Room Tip: I wouldn't book a top floor room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank inthepool2
England
Reviewed 7 March 2014

It can be tempting to look at highly rated places like Downlands House on Trip Advisor and think that they can't really be that good all the time, but at Downlands House they certainly are.
It is a beautiful property, lovingly furnished, clean, warm, relaxing and incredibly comfortable.
My room was decorated in soft shades of light green and stone, located on the back of the first floor, overlooking a lovely courtyard. It was quiet, warm and very comfortable.The ensuite was full of fluffy white towels, quality toiletries and a wonderful power shower.
Other extra touches included generous supplies of tea. coffee , sugar and milk , quality coat hangers in the wardrobe, a large number of television channels and a good selection of books.
Breakfast was a delight. A range of cereals, orange juice, freshly cooked English breakfast and an unending supply of toast , jams and marmalade.
The wonderful service that guests experience at Downlands House is made all the better by the wonderfully friendly and helpful people who make all this possible.
My only regret is that I was only staying for two nights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Saumur, France
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at Downlands house for a Saturday night with wife and 1 year old child. It is family run, basic but comfortable. The rooms are small and not all en suite. Sadly the best are on the 2nd floor with no lift, so lugging all the baby kit up was not much fun! However the owner is very helpful and friendly, the bed comfortable and the breakfast superb. Good value at £78 for all of us for the night. Parking can be tricky.

Room Tip: Top floor ones are best, but don't take too much luggage.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very very comfortable, relaxing, warm, clean, friendly. I arrived having being on a work course all day and to which I was going back the next day. I was greeted kindly, helped to my room, given some advice I needed about local issues and just immediately felt looked after! I have stayed in most of the hotels in the Clifton area, this is the best nights sleep and the most comfortable night I have had! Thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Scot in Holland
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Lovely warm, welcoming, clean, comfortable place to stay. The owners are really really nice.
Will definately stay again if visiting the area. I had a wondeful room right at the top of the house with velux window, so was really nice to sleep under the stars.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo