“Excellent”

Travelodge Bristol Central
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely overnight stay at Bristol Central Travelodge. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially Michelle the receptionist and Rachel the cleaner who took great care of our dog while we ate. Great base to explore the city from.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Matthan F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I found the overall stay at this hotel good for the price paid, The room was pleasant, although we did have to contact reception because they had put out and made the 3rd bed. And the temperature in the room was far too warm as we were on the fourth floor.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were grateful to find this hotel after an hour of searching (on foot) around Bristol. All the other hotels were full and fortunately, the very last hotel we checked (Travelodge) had a room available and that was at midnight! The male reception staff on that night was very nice and accommodating. We initially booked a narrowboat (wanted to be adventurous) but it was filthy, smelly (the sort of smell that sticks to your hair and clothes) and not liveable at all! I had itch on my neck when we went out for dinner and decided that there is no way we would be able to sleep on that filthy boat! Glad to have found this Travelodge with very comfortable bed and pillows and most importantly, clean! There was a tea and coffee making facility which is a bonus as well as a fan at it was quite warm and stuffy and opening the window means letting in lots of noises. We were given a family room with a double and 2 small singles so it will fit a young family of 4 although it might feel a bit cramped. The bathroom is very spacious as compared to other Travelodge I have been too. This hotel is good and centrally located too.

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Before I review this hotel, I must give full marks to Travelodge head office for being so understanding when I wanted to changed our booking dates. I had booked in advance and got a saver price but the week before our visit there was a problem and we wanted to change the date but the hotel said I couldn't do that with a saver booking. I contacted head office and I was contacted the next day and the representative said it was not their usual policy but she checked and changed the dates for us so we were very grateful.

We picked this hotel because of the good location. When we arrived the car park was 1/3rd flooded and the parking was very tight. It was £7.50 per day which you have to pay for each day so you have to make sure you are back at the hotel each 24hrs. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. The lift, corridors and room were incredibly hot and stuffy. There was a fan in the room but because there was no air condition, the window needed to be open and of course they only open a few inches. We were in a room at the front of the hotel and the traffic was very noisy so it was a toss up between the noise or a hot stuffy room. We only had one bath and one hand towel between us and the shower was pathetic. I expect had we complained these things may have been resolved but am I wrong in expecting things to be right without complaining.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

There was a building site outside my window, which woke me up early with trucks in and out and drilling. When I complained in the morning to reception they said we put up with it for years, next time you book we will give you a back room.

1 Thank Roxy2360
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed at the Travelodge Bristol for a meeting and then night out with clients basically as it was close to the city centre, god how i wish me and my clients hadnt bothered! Yes some of the rooms have had some decorating which is good, what it needs more than anything is air con into the rooms. The hotel is situated on the main A4 going into Bristol and as such you get massive noise from outside the hotel, you close the window and then the room gets hot and stuffy.

Me and my clients got back to the hotel at about 12:30 am and retired to our rooms which were located on the second floor, got into bed and then the noise started from groups of lads returning from their rather drunken night out, with banging around the rooms, shouting, larking about etx, until about 3:30am in the morning, it was just like a zoo.

Complained in the morning, was offered slight appology, but Travelodge DO NOT GIVE ANY REFUNDS FOR DISTURBED NIGHT SLEEP, frankly this is just not good enough. NEVER< NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY IN THIS HOTEL

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Negative points:

I took a room for one night as I had a business meeting in the morning. Room lacked soap for washing or showering. Noisy both inside & outside resulting in very little sleep.

Good points:

Staff appeared helpful and friendly. Room was cheap

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business