“Bristol Backpackers Hostel : A great place to stay in Bristol: I Love this Place”

Bristol Backpackers Tourist Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Bristol Backpackers Tourist Hostel
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I Love This Place and I come back every year its great crack and very clean A+++++++++++ People working here are very friendly and helpful there is a Music Room downstairs in the Basement with various Guitars and a Piano it also has a Laundry Room and even a Bar down there. The Bar was great Crack I had checked out various Bristol Pubs but they where all very quiet on a Tuesday night but this place was buzzing. There is also a Television Room with a Huge Flat Screen TV and various DVDs to watch and free WI Fi and other internet access . A great Kitchen area with free tea and Coffey and other free stuff + nice seating areas with tables and settees . Beds where comfortable great hot Showers. Bristol is also a cool City for any traveller and I have enjoyed every minute of my stay ,it has everything you would find in London + a lot more and everything is near by the Hostel and the Staff are always on hand with helpful Travel advice . The Hostel itself is set within a huge Tudor Building with vaulted ceilings and ornate original features that you just wouldn't find in a hotel you will also meet various travellers from around the world with similar interests . I just love this Place .
Check it out its great.
Best Wishes Chris C

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank chrisconwaym

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I really enjoyed my four day stay. I would go back. Comfortable and plenty of chances to make freinds which is helped by the bar in the basement. Found it pretty clean too. Got plenty of sleep when I needed it. To be fair the place is getting run down and could do with a bit of ongoing cosmetic work inside.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank UrbanLocal
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

A pretty relaxed place, there's a decent sized well kitted out kitchen although not much space to put your food (not a problem for me as I was only there 2 nights but I can see it being a pain for longer stays) and the bunks are comfortable and pretty big, which is a nice change after some of the shoeboxes I've had to sleep in recently. Showers are top quality, strong, hot and no bloody annoying push-every-thirty-seconds-for-more-water buttons I've had to endure in a few hostels on the continent. There's a good vibe to the place, lots of foreigners and judging from the pics in the bar, some good parties. The other backpackers seem a mixed crew of travellers and long termers - no sign of drifters, wierdos or unemployed (dude, who pissed in YOUR cornflakes?) but maybe they moved on before I arrived lol. It could use a coat of paint but a lot better than many of the places I've been to. Not the draconian hellhole I was expecting after looking at some of the reviews, I've stayed in far, far worse hostels. I had a good time and it was money well spent - I'll go back if I'm in the city again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Zig68
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

we had a great time here. the location is great- close to everything in town. the rooms are small, but really comfortable and clean enough- what you would expect of a backpackers really. great facilities, free wi fi, movies, books, and great communal space and kitchen facilites. staff were ok- inparticular one staff member was very helpful (Felipe). Good value for money really.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StephanieHargreaves
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

This hostel is clearly designed for 18-year-old backpackers and partyers who simply don't care if they live or die.

There were way too many beds to a dorm, and although the bedding seemed clean and new, that was the only clean thing, as the rest of the place seemed dirty and decrepit. The people living there are messy, the staff are unhelpful and don't give a toss, and there is clearly no money to spend on fixing torn carpets, raggedy curtains, broken doors, non-functional showers, and the many other signs of wear and tear. The hostel's location is central but in a hard-to-find grimy side-street right opposite a job centre and a nightclub. It's noisy at night and there are plenty of unpleasant types about.

The other guests seemed to be a mix of backpackers, foreign immigrants, drifters, the unemployed, uni students, artists and weirdos. Although there was a good vibe and friendly atmosphere among the long-term residents, with shared kitchen and TV facilities, you would not trust these people and leave your valuables unattended if you were only staying there briefly.

I was lucky in that the people I had to share my corner of a dorm with didn't seem like desperate types and kept themselves to themselves. I slept well however I was extremely cautious with my possessions. Using the kitchen was another matter, it's a free-for-all with as many as 8 people trying to cook meals at once and draconian rules about your stuff.

The hostel was very cheap when I stayed there - only £75 for a week - but I would not go back. I'd pay a bit extra and go in the YHA.

Room Tip: Just avoid it.