“It was adequte”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Kensington Hill Guest House
Ranked #38 of 49 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a few issues with the booking. It was made by a family member several weeks in advance, who then called back a few days before we arrived to confirm, only to find that there was no record. Thankfully they were still able to get us in, but this could have been a serious problem for us if we hadn't checked.
The guest house is quite run-down in places, and the car park and outside of the building do not make a good first impression. We went up to our family room, which was large and had three good-sized beds in it. We found a couple of unexpected things; a child's toy under on the beds and an unopened pack Fruit Shoots in the cupboard from a previous guest. In British tradition we decided to make a cup of tea, to discover the spoons were still covered in what I hope was dried yoghurt. The cups needed washing out and when we went to use the bathroom there was no soap. The general cleaning wasn't that good.
We got a good nights sleep. The sheets (and towels) were all clean, and the beds very comfortable. The heating was good, and the room very warm. The guest house didn't seem too noisy at night.
The room had a clean en-suite, but the shower was worse than useless, trickling a stream of water which alternated scalding hot and freezing cold, seemingly with little regard for the "control" knob.
Breakfast was nice and the staff were friendly. The lady who runs the guest house was very nice to our kids and conversational without getting in your face. The kitchen seemed clean, from what I could see.
I'd stay there again. It wasn't bad; certainly not enough to put me off, but perhaps next time we visit I'll pay a little more and stay in the hotel at the bottom of the road.

Room Tip: The hotel faces onto the busy A4 out of Bristol centre. We stayed in a room at the back of the buil...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richk77

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Kensignton Hill Guest House. We were welcomed as soon as we got there and advised where to park which was round the back of the hotel, the area where we parked was not fenced in but I still felt that the car was safe The room we had was clean, well presented and comfortable. The downsides to the room were the mattress which was clearly old and needed replacing and the bath towels were small and thin.
The breakfast was full English, very fresh and cooked to order, the portion size was also good with a round of tea and toast to accompany it. The only piece of feedback regarding the breakfast was the fact that you didn't get a choice in your egg style, it was fried or nothing, it would have been nice to be offered fried, scrambled or poached.
The price for the room was £45 a night and included breakfast.
Overall score for our stay was 8/10, we'd definitely go back and we'd definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ali H
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed in this b&b for 1 night, it was the only one that still had vacancies among 40 others. We were suprisingly satisfied to have a clean, big and cosy room and a real English breakfast for such a price. The bathroom was correct too, even if the door couldn't be closed. It is 30-35 minutes walk from the temple station, but buses are also available. It was really quiet due to the location, but not too far from the center, which was perfect for us. The staff was nice and helpful. We enjoyed staying here, I would recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JulieCorencon
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I called up to make a reservation 5 days prior to wanting to stay and explained that I would be arriving later into the evening and that wasn't a problem. I then get a phone call 2 days prior to staying to confirm I was still wanting to stay and to confirm the details. I call up on the day to give my precise time of arrival (10:40pm) to be told that this wasn't allowed and that I could only check-in only if it was before 9pm. i was devastated to find that I was lied to when I first rang.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I cant really understand why anybody would write a bad review about this B&B,I booked this before i read the reviews and was really worried about what i had done,
But i have to say the Owner was really friendly and welcoming the room i booked was spaciouse,clean and the only smell i could smell was a clean fresh one !!
The breakfast in the morning was really nice and hospitable,
In All yes this is a no frills B&B but it is cheap,friendly and clean and i would recommend it to anyone,
WELL WORTH THE MONEY & MORE,
Sarah and Paul

Room Tip: I booked a double room in which was a double bed and two singles,This would be ideal for a family...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snarf1972
Reviewed 3 December 2012

A great budget, minimal frills B&B; courteous and friendly staff, good communication when booking, great room and breakfast. Just what a B&B should be and it didn't break the bank to stay here! Would have no hesitation in recommending, or staying here again when we're next in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Was not really a choice and in the room there was a lot of pink!!!! Felt bad...
For an improvised trip on a bank holiday weekend, fortunately we found it though! Not too close from the centre, i went by car, but pretty clean, en suite, nice and courteous hosts, good English breakfast.
In a busy and rainy last minute bank holiday trip £45 that what you need! I had to remind we had to pay...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends