“Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very conveniently situated close to train station for access to Bath, Cheltenham Cardiff etc and also a short walk into Bristol City centre. Staff were pleasant and helpful . Rooms small but serviceable and immaculately clean . We stayed for 3 nights and breakfast was included. Breakfast was a choice of fruit yoghurt breads cereals cold meats eggs and cooked buffet. The hotel was very busy due to a horse racing and rugby contingent but staff coped really well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
kevin_byrnes1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Mandy J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of you recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and you found the bedrooms to be so clean and the food offering to be all you required.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Took my grandma & younger sister for afternoon as a late Christmas present.

The food was divine. They even threw in a glass of wine as I didn't drink tea.

Don't be put off by the front of the hotel which needs some work done.

Service was fab!

Thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014
kevin_byrnes1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear SussexFairy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent dining experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, in our City Cafe. I am delighted the team made your experience special and I hope you chose to dine with us again on your next visit to the area.

I note your comments regarding the exterior of the building and I would be grateful if you could provide further information in regards to enhancements we can make as the hotel was completely refurbished two years ago and we are always interested in our guests comments and feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you further,

kevin.byrnes@hilton.com

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have stayed here several times and find it very convenient and of a high, consistent standard.
You know exactly what you are going to get. All rooms are the same, with a decent size and well equipped.

Breakfast was good too. My only criticism is that all the fruit is tinned and in syrup. For a big international chain and with healthy food so important these days, this is not really acceptable.
Toaster has been problematic a few times.
Overall very good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
kevin_byrnes1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Alex G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. I am delighted to see that overall your stay with us was above your expectations and I have noted your comments regarding our fruit salad offering for breakfast. Hilton use a range of suppliers and standards to ensure the offering is of a consistent and quality standard and at no point use tinned fruit products in our range of fruit for the buffets.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The restaurant staff were very accommodating with dietary requirements and the food was superb. The room was a little small but was clean and tidy. I liked the fridge which you could store your own food in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Pingalu,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found the team and the hotels food offering to be to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We use this hotel whenever we visit family in Bristol. We are always more than satisfied except for the parking which I appreciate is not the fault of the hotel. It is a nightmare. If you are lucky enough to get a space you have to hope that others don't park on the hash lines opposite (which they always do!) as you need to be more than good at reversing out of your parking space. Lesson 1 - try reversing in - it makes life a lot easier. Staff and everything else we cannot fault and we keep coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Pam J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. I am delighted you choose to use us as your home away from home on your stays in the Bristol area and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I tend to stay in the Holiday Inn chain when on business, but due to lack of availability this week I found myself in the Hilton Garden Inn. What a great find. The cost was the same as the Holiday Inn Express just along the road, but the experience was significantly better. The rooms are a little cramped but very well specked. Your TV is an IMac, broadband is free and the Beds are really comfortable.

The food for this standard of hotel is very good. Breakfast is freshly cooked and the staff are very attentive. The coffee (ultimate test) is more than passable. Dinner menu gives good choice/variety and in particular it is possible to eat something healthy.

Only issue is rooms can be a bit noisy with the traffic, particularly at the front.

I WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the back of the hotel. Bit of early morning lorry movement but much quieter than th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear 929ScottB929,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel, team and food to be of such high quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Originally I plan to stay at this hotel for a long weekend for a YouTube convention, but this was cancelled after I'd booked so I decided to come and visit Bristol for the weekend.
The hotel is not exactly central, being about half a mile from the main tourist/shop areas. However this was not a problem for me as I do enjoy walking.
The hotel was clean,the room was wonderful and I cannot fault this hotel at all. The free chocolate cookies at the reception are an added bonus too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
kevin_byrnes1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear mikelucas1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.