“Hilton Garden Inn, Bristol”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very modern, clean hotel within 5 minutes walk of the city centre overlooking a small park. Bedrooms were very clean; comfortable beds and an Apple iMac media system. All toiletries were of an excellent quality and linen also. Only negative was the small bar and lounge area. Dining room also on the small side. Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the main room but there was no noise. For a good view get a room overlook...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear firework05,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighed you found the hotel to be to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre

Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time I have stayed in Hilton Garden Inn Bristol, great location short walk to city centre very clean and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the only thing that i didn't agree with was the price of the parking but we were lucky that we could park on a sideroad which was free on weekends and bank holidays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Alyson R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel and location to be the ideal base for your time in Bristol.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my friend on a Sunday night so could see Paul Heaton in concert at O2. Good value for money. Not a a huge room or bathroom but adequate very clean. Apple TV but unfortunately wouldn't play our cd so couldn't get into mood b4 concert !
10 minute walk to Central Bristol
Drinks in bar usual hotel stupid prices
Tesco express 3 mins walk away

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lillyevilfatcat
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Lillyevilfatcat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be the ideal base for your stay in the city and am disappointed to read you had challenges with our Imac system in your room. I will ensure our engineering team review the systems and correct any problems we may find.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Situated conveniently for Bristol Templemeads station, 10 minute walk from the centre of Bristol. Light airy reception and the welcome was polite and efficient. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. TV is an apple PC, only complaint I have is that I paid my bill after breakfast before returning to my room to ready myself for the day ahead, the TV was powered down centrally and I was unable to catch the weather or news before departure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Realism,

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel and team to be to your liking during your time in our city. I note your comment regards the IMAC not working upon return to the room and can advise these units are not centrally controlled and so should this issue occur again, please let a member of my team know and we will assist.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed their in April with family, nice location and room was nice and modern, helpful staff and food was great, just had some problems at check out with the bill but overall an excellent stay. will definitely come back to stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Terry D,

I am delighted to see you found our hotel to be excellent overall and I am delighted the experience with your receipt did not affect your choice to stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Definitely a Hilton Lite hotel. Rooms small; no bath – but excellent shower. Very comfortable bed. The Hilton Honors features you get in other Hiltons are not evident here: free bottled water first night only, daily newspaper either the FT or the iPaper, no real choice.

Very handy for the station and the airport bus stops right outside on the inward route. Not cheap – for a much lower class Hilton - but as I was on Hilton Points it was not a big deal. I was glad not to be paying, though.

Reception was efficient and reception staff all very pleasant. But are these people only to be sourced in eastern Europe these days?

Downside – the breakfast was dire. Dreadful service from quite pleasant and charming young staff – though the room was not even half full. It took ten minutes for the worst cup of coffee in the world to materialise. It was supposed to be a cappuccino but was indescribable; it tasted of diesel… Two poached eggs requested arrived hard and without toast.

Ghastly piped muzak, of which only the thumping base was audible. Suggestion: if you are staying and need breakfast – go to the Yurt across the road by the station. Half the price and ten times the quality. And the music there is truly cool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spaddockuk
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear spaddockuk,

I am disappointed to read you found our brand to be significantly different from a Hilton and can advise, there are differences regarding the benefits offered to Hilton Hhonors guests in all our brands and these are available on the Hilton Hhonors website.

Our hotel uses the same music, paper offering and coffee as the rest of the Hilton estate and I am disappointed you found these not to be to your liking.

I will ensure your comments regarding the food are passed on to our Head Chef, as the quality of food served within the hotel is extremely important to our team and this training need will be addressed.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Visited on a sunny Saturday in May and thoroughly liked the place. Staff all very pleasant and efficient and spoke good English. Didn't try the breakfast, so the Hotwire rate was excellent value at £82 for the night.

Modern and well-equipped rooms with most everything you could want. Nice range of toiletries and the bathroom was clean, stylish and effective.

Slept well in a room overlooking the park, no issues with aircon and a nice touch if you were staying longer is the fridge is empty if you want to bring your own drink/snacks etc; good idea. Only used the Apple Mac for television and worked OK - terrified I'd lose the tiny little remote control though!

Only knocked a point off for the car park which is very small, expensive (£10 a day) and a nightmare to get in and out from; I had to reverse the whole length of the car park before attempting to turn around.

Location isn't bad, a little too far out for me but we saw areas of Bristol we'd never seen before, and it really isn't too far to walk into town (10 mins max). Bottom line is I'd stay again at the same rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SomersetSpud,

I am delighted to read you found the hotel to be modern, clean and comfortable during your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.