We stayed in this Hoyle for one night for a Hen Party. There were 17 of us altogether.
The hotel is lovely, in a great location- close to the train station and town centre.
The rooms were very plush and came well-equipped with hair dryers, irons toiletries, shower caps etc, although a little on the small side. We only needed the rooms for a bed and a shower though so the size of the rooms didn't concern us.
We checked in Saturday the 21st June and checked out on the 22nd. Check in was smooth. And easy.
All staff were attentive and friendly a willing to help when necessary.
I can't comment on evening food or lunch as we ate out.
Breakfast was delicious with a huge selection of food, waffles and branded cereals.
The only issues we encountered with our stay were:
1: The cost of parking (which we were not informed about upon booking) £10 a day!!! Glad we were only there for one night. I believe parking should be inclusive of the price of the hotel.
2. Myself and my friend who shared a room had issues getting into our room after out night out. Both of the keys didn't work. We could understand if one key didn't work, but both? Unacceptable. Especially as my friend returned back to the hotel before me and had the issue first (resolved by going to reception at 2am) then I came home later at 3.30am and had the same issue- I didn't think to go to reception, so knocked to wake my friend up to let me in. Really not on. I know I probably could have gone to reception but I shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place... The keys, or at least one of them, should have been working anyway.
3. My biggest gripe- the air conditioning!!!! It was horrendous!!! I would like to say that it was just the room that I stayed in but as we were part of a hen party we paid for quite a few rooms and everybody had the same issue, the air conditioning did not work in any of the rooms. I can understand that England isn't known for hot temperatures but the weekend we stayed at this hotel is was two very hot summer days on the Saturday and the Sunday. It made sleeping very uncomfortable. I would not return to this hotel unless I knew for definite that the air conditioning was fixed.
We were charged £25 deposit per room in case of any damages. I don't know if that was just because we were a hen party or if that's a general rule.
I can't comment on 'value for money' as I didn't book the hotel for the group. I would imagine that for 17 of us, a lot of money was exchanged.
Overall it was a pleasant stay but especially as we're coming into summer now, the air conditioning really does need addressing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre is situated in the modern business district. We’re five minutes from Temple Meads Station with regular trains to London, Cardiff and Bath. Our contemporary hotel is ideally located for exploring all the city and West Country have to offer. Bristol’s popular shopping quarter, Cabot Circus, is just five minutes away. The vibrant nightlife of Bristol Harbourside is a short walk through Temple Gardens. A relaxing day at Bath Spa is just a 10-minute train ride away. Experience views of Temple Gardens and the ruins of the 17th Century Temple Church from some of our stylish guest rooms. Relax and unwind in Recess, our new space where you can eat, drink and meet day to night. We offer amenities such as on-site parking, 24-hour business center, complimentary WiFi, plus a 42-inch TV and Herman Miller desk chair in every guest room. Maintain your workout routine in the fitness room and stock up on snacks at the on-site Pavilion Pantry®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel Bristol
- Bristol City Hotel
- City Inn