“City Centre Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“City Centre Hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Well situated in the centre of Bristol, easy walking distance to the Waterfront, shops, and other amenities. The hotel was light, bright and airy. Rooms were in good condition, clean and modern. Breakfast was excellent. All staff were welcoming, cheerful and friendly. Heartily recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Kevin B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to see from your review you both found my team to be so welcoming and the breakfast to be to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Kevin Byrnes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Denver, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn in Bristol is really convenient to the Bristol City Centre and the Temple Meads train station. The staff is excellent and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The fitness facilities are better than expected. I recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Frank G
Dear Frank G,

I am delighted to see from your review you found the team to be excellent and our rooms to be so clean. I will ensure you kind comments are passed on to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

united kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Well appointed city hotel with up to date rooms, wifi and good toiletries all in the center of Bristol. Nothing much to add. Perfect for the business traveller and location a bonus with everything an easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear chinchillarat,

I am delighted to read you found your stay with us to be above your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband visited the bristols Hilton for our wedding anniversary, the location of the hotel is fab, your in walking distance to the town and the Harbour, also 5 min walk from train station and there is also a weatherspoons 2 min away. There is a bus stop either side of the road with regular buses. On arrival on the Hilton ( which was our first time stayed in a Hilton ) the inside was very small but clean and tidy, we went to the desk to drop our bags off as our room was no ready yet, I have to admit it wasn't the best welcome seems we had to ask for something to say she had oue bags, but she was trying her best, we also decided to have the breakfast which was 10.99... The room on first look was very small, but was amazed by the Apple TV, but shocked there was 2 chairs in the room ( specially when there was not much small space) the room wasn't very clean or in great condition but the bed was clean and tidy... The rooms needed a good clean and a freshen up, also the air con didn't work very well.. We was on the 4th floor so we expected from the pictures the room would be bigger and at least clean. After spending all day in the town, we went back to the room for a good night sleep, unfortunately me and my husband found the bed very un-comftable , mattress was very hard and springy and the pillows felt old and it was really difficult to get comftable on them, when we went down to the desk to enquire about a bill for the breakfast that had been pushed threw our door we did mention we didn't have a good night sleep, we was asked what the issue was and I mentioned that pillows and the husband the mattress, we was advised we could of asked for a quilt to go underneath the sheet to make it softer, but it was a bit late seems we was only staying one night, and I wasn't willing to walk down to the desk at 2am for the quilt to go under the sheet, The breakfast was ok, I liked the waffles but the breakfast was loop warm, felt sorry for the staff as they seemed to be running around a lot to serve a lot of people.
The hotel it self was lovely and clean it was very small, and not what I expected from a Hilton, it reminded me to much of a holiday in ( obviously with out the mac )
Personally I'm not sure if I would stay in this hotel again

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Stells09,

I am disappointed to read that you found your stay to be below your expectations and I am truly embarrassed the cleanliness levels in our hotel fell below the high standard our guests continually comment on over the years. I will ensure we review the room in question which looks like it was under maintenance at the time and investigate why it was in use to rectify this problem immediately.

I note your comments regarding your night sleep and apologise my team were not more sympathetic towards your concerns. Our hotels beds were completely replaced two years ago when the hotel was refurbished, with the standard Hilton sleep system being installed as the bedding package which is used throughout our European estate. I understand that personal preference dictates in these matters and would suggest for future to advise us during the day should you find the bed to be too hard or soft and we will ensure measures are taken to address this with our housekeeping team.

I will ensure the comments regarding the self-service buffet breakfast available in our City Cafe are addressed with my Food & Beverage Manager to review how we operate this on busy mornings and our guests needs are met.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and should you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

kevin.byrnes@hilton.com
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel for an overnight stay close to Temple Meads. This seemed ideal! I used to work in Bristol back when this was the City Inn. If you are arriving via Temple Meads, then do follow the walking instructions on the hotel web-site. Hotel is modern, light and airy. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our double bedroom overlooked the park and was well equipped with air conditioning, hairdryer, ironing board and iron, tea making facilities and an Apple computer /TV (which took some working out). A comfortable night's sleep!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin H
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Kevin H,

I am delighted to read you found my team to be so friendly and the stay so comfortable. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Not much more to add - the stay was very enjoyable - the breakfast had a wonderful choice of items both cooked and cold and fresh croissants and bread and I will definitely stay there again. You will not be disappointed so give it a try.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear JK88,

I am delighted to read you found our hotel to be the ideal location for your recent stay with us in the Bristol area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next stay in the area.

London
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed there in June. Rooms are small, but beds are comfortable. Fairly quiet during the night.

Hotel outdoor car park is quite small, and also costing £10 for an overnight stay. Does not really offer any protections to cars, since wide open to pedestrians. No spaces left after 8pm.

Hotel location is average, with a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Bristol and a selection of restaurants.

Conclusion: quite pricey for what it is, considering the size of the rooms, and the additional breakfast and car park cost

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LondonSeb
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear LondonSeb,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am disappointed to read you were not satisfied with your stay with us and note your comments about the car parking and room size. Our car park has a limited number of spaces given our proximity to the train station and our charge is in line with other major brands in the city, there are a number of options in the area beside the hotel should guests wish to park offsite when our hotels car park is full and my team are happy to point these out should they be required. All car parks in the area are well lit and many covered by CCTV as is ours.

I trust this information will assist in future and should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.