“Hilton Garden Inn Bristol UK”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 14 July 2014

An excellent weekend and thoroughly recommend the hotel. There is so much to see in Bristol. Saturday, we attended the St Paul's Carnival followed by a show at Bristol Hippodrome in the evening. Pre-dinner at hotel and drinks. Walked back to hotel through the historic streets of old Bristol. There is an interesting park and ruined Church at back of hotel. Sunday morning we walked all around Bristol Harbourside, brilliant coffee at Bordeau Quay Restaurant. Water taxi back to centre of Bristol and then a bus to Museum to view the latest Banksy picture. Visit it before it is sold! Walked down Park Street and visited The Severn Shed for a coffee and cake and walked back to the hotel for a siesta followed by dinner. An excellent weekend.....and we live 13 miles outside of Bristol.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear cathyp844,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us in our beautiful city and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Kevin Byrnes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just returned from a weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn. Our room on the 5th floor was very clean and tidy. It was also very quiet and overlooked the park behind the hotel. The breakfast was good. On the downside we did not receive a very warm welcome. We arrived early and were just told to come back at 3pm. There was then a big queue and check in was slow. The car park is also very expensive (£12 per day) and small.I would recommend looking for somewhere else nearby that is cheaper. It was 15 mins to the centre of town. If you want to be right in the action there are closer hotels. Overall a good base but we thought it was rather expensive for what we got.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Connolly2013,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read you found the breakfast and cleanliness to be to your liking though note your comments regarding the service upon arrival. I am disappointed my team made you feel unwelcome and I will ensure my Front Office Manager addresses this with the lady who checked you in to rectify this training need.

Our hotel was extremely busy at the weekend given the city festivals in the near by city centre, though the team should offer assistance with luggage from people checking in before 15:00 which is the time we ideally like to allow access to guest rooms and this weekend this did prove challenging.

Our hotels car park rate is in line with other city centre hotels in the Bristol area and is located across from a Bristol City Council car park which can more than accommodate for the overflow form our car park.

Once again thank you for your comments and should you wish to discuss any matters further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

kevin.byrnes@hilton.com

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a two night stay. We arrived at approx 7pm on Friday night. There were no spaces in the car park, however when I went in to ask where else we could park was advised we could park on the white crisscross lines as others had. This was fine, the only slight irritant was getting a phone call on Saturday, when we were out at an attraction the other side of Bristol, from the hotel asking me very politely if I could move my car as another car could not get out. When I explained our situation and asked which car was blocked as we had checked with the hotel we could park there (and there was ample room) it turned out the muppet in the White Audi who had arrived after us the night before (and parked so close to my car I nearly had kittens) had been blocked in by someone just arriving, when they then moved they could get out. Therefore not our fault and easily rectified, the receptionist was very apologetic.

The room itself was on the fourth floor park side, was a nice size, clean and well presented, the Apple Mac and complimentary wifi was also a real treat.

The bed was comfy and pillows snugly, the air con worked gone and was easily adjustable. The first night we did hear some sirens and I did wake up, but we then found out the end window behind the curtain was open, once closed no outside noise.

We did have a problem with the iron not heating up, but when I rang reception they were more than happy to bring up a replacement.

We also had breakfast, there was a good selection of hot and cold food, the first morning was quieter and very pleasant. It was a bit different this morning being much busier, it felt more rushed, we also missed the friendly local staff we'd had the morning before.

The location of the hotel is ideal, a couple of minutes walk to Bristol Temple Meads station, and a 15 minute relaxed stroll into the centre.

We really enjoyed our break in Bristol and will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Vicki P,

I am sorry to read your stay was complicated by the actions of another guest in our hotel car park, though am pleased to see my reception team handling this in a professional and apologetic manner and that all other aspects of your stay were as you would have wanted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is nice and in a good location. Rooms are reasonably sized for European standards. The breakfast is fine if you are a gold member and they include it, but I would be mad if I paid £10 for it. My main complaint was housekeeping. I complained about them leaving only one towel and rather than address the problem the front desk told me there should be another towel in the wardrobe (there wasn't. ) I ended up needing to leave a note each day asking for a second towel. They also did not change out dirty glasses. I had to go to the bar each day to ask for a clean glass to drink from. Not really the level of service I expect from a hilton.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim B

Dear Jim B,

I am sorry to read you found our housekeeping service to fall short of what we expect and even after repeated attempts to advise us we still did not rectify the problem. I have addressed this with my Head Housekeeper and Front Office Manager to ensure they relay this to their relevant teams, advising of the impact this had on your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for this feedback and I am happy to read that all other aspects of your stay were as you would have expected.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great location,as I came in by train & was visiting a business nearby.
For the price (over a hundred pounds a night) I felt that I have stayed at, if I'm honest, superior hotels for less.
Rooms aren't big, well the one I was in wasn't. But it was clean.
I didn't have an evening meal there but did have the DIY breakfast which was perfectly acceptable.
So, ok, but def not the best I've been in for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Hearts5Hibs1,

It is important when our guests provide us with information about their experiences both positive and less positive, allowing us to address these through training or alterations, ensuring we are providing the best service and standards.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a good city hotel. Clean, crisp rooms, good bathrooms - a little on the small side, but functional. Good room facilities - such as the computer / IMAC with plenty of tv channels. The only bad point about the room is the slightly erratic a/c - making the room a bit too warm for the summer. The breakfast was great - and the bar facilities were also fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear nickindubai,

I am delighted to read you found your stay with us to be to your liking in particular the level of cleanliness in the hotel. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Well situated in the centre of Bristol, easy walking distance to the Waterfront, shops, and other amenities. The hotel was light, bright and airy. Rooms were in good condition, clean and modern. Breakfast was excellent. All staff were welcoming, cheerful and friendly. Heartily recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Kevin B,

I am delighted to see from your review you both found my team to be so welcoming and the breakfast to be to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.