“Lots of great things about this hotel. ”

Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this holt is great as it's halfway between Bristol Temple Meads Station and the Cabot Circus Shopping Centre.

It's a modern bright airy building and the rooms are well equipped eg air con, fridge, iron, safe, facilities to make drinks and the highlight for me an iMac with a large screen to use as a TV.

The bed was huge with crisp white sheets and loads of pillows. It was quiet too which resulted in a great night's sleep.

In the morning I enjoyed a hot powerful shower and followed this up with a hearty breakfast in the very pleasant dining room. There was a great choice of food from fresh fruit and cereal to a full English breakfast. It was all available from the buffet although there was also the option to order other dishes eg kippers or smoked salmon and egg.

All the staff I encountered were pleasant, helpful and efficient.

Only stayed one night as I was on a work related trip to Bristol but on the basis of this visit I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CAStead
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear CAStead,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be ideally located for your visit to the city, and our team and product to be of such a high standard.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Bristol area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed one night on coach tour of Bristol, Bath, and Wiltshire. Had single room (queen size very
comfortable bed) on first floor overlooking entrance. I found all facilities of excellent quality and
the room was spotless clean. Air conditioning superb (very necessary in the heat we have recently been enjoying). The hotel was also of four star quality in mine and my friends' view.
Limited choice at dinner but staff very helpful and we were happy with the alternative main course offered. Overall a very very pleasant stay and if in Bristol again we would definitely
choose the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Friends were on 3rd floor - no problems. No problems with 1st floor either.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Browneyes119226,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at this Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre. It is important to us that our guests provide feedback on their stays, allowing us to review our services in line and standards implementing changes where necessary.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Situated 10 mins walk from the waterfront. Modern comfortable hotel. I didn't eat in the restarant so I cannot comment on the food. I was alone and couldn't work the air con so the room was quite warm but I'm sure I could have called reception to come and help me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Dawn B,

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went to Hiltin a Garden Bristol on 25th July for 2 nights. This hotel is close to city centre about 15 minute walk and 10 minutes to the quay. The room is small but very tidy, excellent bed and the Mac Computor in the room is also a TV with excellent quality. The room comes with full ironing board and iron and also hair dryer. We had the breakfast which was 1st class it offered cereal, fruit' toast, waffle or full English. The tea and coffee were waiter served but as much as you wanted. Only expensive thing is the parking at £12 per day right at the back entrance of the hotel and barrier controlled

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear jmcd242,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our breakfast offering to be first class. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

my sister and myself had the misfortune of staying at above INN with ulsterbus tours.I can say I never had a worse experience.We had been looking forward to this tour for a long time but it was a complete nightmare. The room was very small but adequate but the food was an absolute disgrace.we were booked dinner and breakfast but were unable to eat anything.the dinner had no choice but the actual food was disgusting. one night our dinner was MEAT BALLS AND HARD POTATOES AND VEGETABLES. THE CAESAR SALAD WAS LETTUCE WITH A FEW BITS OF GRATED CHEESE.ANOTHER NIGHT WE HAD BEEF STEW WHICH WAS HARD MEAT AND GRAVY.THE DESSERT EVERY NIGHT WAS A TART - NO CHOICE.WE HAD TO BEG FOR CREAM
my sister and myself had the misfortune of staying at above hotel. we had been looking forward to going to Bristol for a long time. we went with ulsterbus tours from londonderry.this hotel was a disaster. the room was very small but adequate but the food was an absolute disgrace. we never saw anyone that resembled an manager to complain to. we were booked breakfast and dinner but were unable to eat anything. dinner on one night was meat balls and hard vegetables and potatoes. another day we had beef stew which was hard meat and gravy.dessert every night was a tart and we had to beg for cream. the reception staff were most unhelpful and couldnt even book a night at the theatre for us.i have never stayed at a worse hotel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room.dont stay at this establishment.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan C

Dear Catherine G,

I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay with us and that both the food offering and service were not as you would have expected. We were in communication with the tour leader throughout your stay and were not made aware of any concerns by passengers, though are aware there were a number of communication issues between the travelling company and our hotel which were resolved on the first night regarding dining etc.

I have discussed the feedback received with our Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager who will review the food offering in line with your comments and make adjustments where necessary, though we cater for many groups over the year and have not received negative feedback regarding either service or the offering previously.

I am disappointed we were unable to discuss the areas of dissatisfaction with you whilst you stayed with us and we have managers for each department on shift whilst in operation who can be reached at any time by asking a member of the team to speak with them.

Dear Catherine G,

I also not the comments regarding the discovery of a foreign body in the food offering and would encourage you in future to advise a member of the team who would be happy to assist in replacing as Hilton takes the quality and safety of food served very seriously.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are pretty small. No large rooms here I was informed. But it handled my wife and I very comfortably. Good shower and clean room. Basic bar/ restaurant in hotel but so close to town centre his can be overlooked. Good value and great location. No service complaints. Functional not fancy.

Stayed: August 2013

Dear Catherine G,

I am delighted to read you found our hotel to be to your liking and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent three nights here during our recent tour. The weather was very hot and humid and our room on the 4th floor was rather small and stuffy. The air conditioning was noisy and when we opened the window the noise from the traffic was not at all pleasant nor was the noise of the seagulls. The room wasnot ready when we arrived at around 3,30pm and we had to wiat over 30 minutes before we were taken up tpo the room by a staff member, they couldn't provide us with a key card for the room as the computer was down and so we had to ask a member of staff to let us in until the computer was finally up and running again. We had B&B plus our evening meal on each evening. The breakfast was OK but the evening meal was poor, my husband found hairs in the meatballs we were served as a main course. The hotel appears tobe geared to lokking after business people who only want B&B.

Room Tip: Try to bookk a room overlooking the park as this should be less noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple