Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Lodge at Bristol(Almondsbury)
  • Pool
All reviewsblaise castlecribbs causewaymodern bathroomsmall hotelcharming hotelmain buildingquiet areabristol arealovely buildingbus stopcooked breakfastwalk in showerexcellent breakfastpleasant stayroom was largebusiness tripno lift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

On a very cold day there was a warm welcome to the Henbury Lodge Hotel. The room was most comfortable and after we had been to our social function there was a blazing fire to welcome us in the bar while we had a nightcap.
The following morning we had an excellent breakfast which was served by very attentive staff. When we return in June for another visit to Bristol, i hope that we will be able to stay at the hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Spending most of my time travelling throughout the UK on business it is genuinely fantastic to find a hotel that surpasses my expectations. I stay in a broad range of hotels up to four times a week, ranging from very expensive to Premier Lodge type's and this is by far the best I have stayed in since Hotel Du Vin in York in the middle of last year.
The hotel is a converted manor house with ample car park and lodges down one side. The lobby is clean, warm and tidy and in keeping with the age of the place without in the slightest way looking tatty. All the staff from the chap on reception in the evening to the French lady on reception the following morning were a credit to the hotel, being very friendly and obliging. I was shown to my room(a huge rarity nowadays) which was large, warm and comfortable with modern fixtures. The bathroom was outstanding with a big bath, fantastic shower with lots of water pressure and all modern features. It really brightens my stay when I find a hotel room has a big bath, after going for a 10k run it is great to come back and have a hot bath in a tub that can take my 6'4" frame. One other feature I loved was the bed which had an obviously expensive mattress making for a great sleep. This is a little thing but it is amazing how many hotels fail to even provide you with a comfortable bed.

Breakfast was excellent, one of the best I have had on the road for quite some time. A real highlight for me was the wonderful waitress in the morning who was very friendly and happy to help, again a real credit to the hotel.

WiFi is fast and free which ticked the last of my boxes. I really can not say anything bad about this hotel, I will definitely return next time I am in Bristol and would highly recommend the place to anyone for either business or pleasure.

Well done and keep it up!

Room Tip: I had room number seven, fully recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Fantastic weekend with locally sourced breakfast and a fabulous bathroom suite. Bed was really comfy, both of us sleeping like logs. Slight odour in room 16 the only down side. Staff were fantastic especially the young lady who served at breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrew e
Reviewed 26 February 2013

For a three night B&B break last weekend, this hotel was outstanding. Friendly and helpful owner and staff; big bedroom with controllable warmth; fantastic breakfasts and an equally good dinner menu and service; very well placed, not far from M5 and M4, Clifton, city centre, Tyntesfield, and surrounding countryside; and a short walk from a large country park. We couldn't fault it, and would recommend it to anyone, without reserve. This kind of family-run hotel deserves to succeed, and is a credit to BW's policy of promoting individual places rather than identical motels.

Room Tip: just be aware that rooms at the front face two fairly busy roads, so there is some traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We liked everything about this hotel during our two night stay. The hotel gives the impression of having had careful thought put into it's design, services and atmosphere. We felt at home and have recommended Henbury Lodge to friends. We intend to make a return visit.

An added bonus was the bus stop close by - we could leave the car at the hotel - no parking hassles in Bristol.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple