“A real treat”

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
United Kingdom
“A real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Staying in hotels on average two nights per week for work, I was extremely pleased at my stay at Henbury Lodge. The rooms was large, bed extremely comfortable, bathroom very well appointed. The food is really delicious and comes thoroughly recommended - including real freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast (normally it comes from a carton!). Staff were all extremely pleasant and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the vicinity

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milton Keynes, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Whenever I'm working in Bristol I always use Henbury Lodge. The staff are very friendly and helpful and whenever I book they try to allocate my favourite room to me. The hotel is small and personal and feels more like a home away from home than some of the other larger hotels I stay in when I'm in other areas. It's only 10 minutes drive from my office too!

1 Thank wowojulie
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel is an oasis of peacefulness and charm with polite, friendly staff. The quality of the food is excellent with sittings for dinner managed so as to allow the chef to maintain this level of achievement. Within the main building there are various sizes and character of rooms each fitted out to a high standard.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night recently and I would really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bristol. Great room, great service (even made us tea and toast when we arrived back at the hotel at 1.30am after a party!) and the breakfast was excellent. Having stayed at other hotels recently that cost three times as much this hotel is a real gem.

• Stayed December 2013
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I rarely write reviews, but felt compelled to add my opinion of the Henbury Lodge. I stayed at this hotel for a business trip during the second week in December - and I am sure to return.
Check-in felt much more personal than your usual affair – no large, impersonal ‘bank counter-type’ desk, but a more relaxed (yet professional) greeting, with one to one service. The chap checking me in was very friendly and helpful – pointing out the location of a nearby supermarket, where I could buy some bits and pieces I needed. The only fault that could be made of this hotel (I’ll get it out of the way early), is that there is no lift, for those who would struggle with stairs. This wasn’t a problem for me, and I found the layout of the stairs and rooms charming.
I stayed in room 8, and it was lovely – nice and spacious with a proper work desk (which came in useful - along with the free wifi), a nice modern bathroom, with shower and large bath, and a room safe – again, a nice addition, which was appreciated.
On the first evening I went down to dinner and was served by a lovely lady – I apologise, as I don’t remember your name, but I remember you had a whippet (named Blaze?). The food at the Henbury is delicious, with a specials menu including dishes that are a bit ‘special’ – rabbit, for instance… On being seated I was presented with a dish of olives and nuts while I contemplated the menu, and once I had made my choice, I was served with some freshly baked focaccia with oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. From what I gather, the focaccia is baked fresh each day – and is delicious..! Unfortunately, I took the decision to be brave and try something I hadn’t had before, and I have to admit that it wasn’t my taste. I am not pointing this out as criticism of the chef, far from it, but to emphasis the service I received in return, with the waitress immediately offering a replacement meal and free glass of wine. Dessert went down a treat and on my second evening, I polished off my meal with gusto… Breakfast is cooked fresh to order, and you can tell!
The staff at the Henbury Lodge are a delight, and they go out of their way to be helpful, remembering your name and room number with no hesitance, and always offering assistance with a smile. My needs are fairly simple – a nice, clean room, decent food, and the occasional taxi reservation to be made, but the service received at the Henbury was excellent. On check out, the cleaner, owner (I think) and the receptionist all offered to open doors and carry my luggage – the receptionist wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer and insisted on wheeling my case out to the waiting taxi. And after keeping my eyes peeled from arrival, but to no avail, I finally got to meet the beautiful 4-legged resident (Rosie?), on my final morning…

There are only 20 rooms at the Henbury, and many of them were taken up by repeat customers, which I think speaks for itself – I hope to be one of them, on my next visit to Bristol – thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business