US$89
Marriott Hotels
US$78
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$101
US$106
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Bar/Lounge
US$98
US$82
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhiteladies roadfree parkingfull english breakfastquiet roadyogurtcity centresingle roomoff street parkinglarge roombristol universitybreakfast was deliciousb and bsuperior roomchain hotelsno liftshort walktea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I contacted Clifton House before my arrival by email to request a room at the back away from traffic because I am not used to it. My room was at the top of the hotel...on the road. For me it was noisy, and the room was really really small and felt claustrophobic.
The decor in the main areas is quite fun but the fact remains the room itself felt like being banished to the attic - I could barely squeeze round the bed. There were also two holes in the wall. When I asked if I could be moved, I was told the hotel was full.
So much for customer service. Such a shame given the other really positive reviews.

Room Tip: Well ...I tried
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Our twin bedded room was spotless and comfortable with a small sofa to relax on. Hearty breakfast was provided. Everyone very helpful and friendly. Clifton House also offers free parking which is an added bonus. Would def.recommend to others. We paid £90 for our twin bedded room but this for a slightly larger room.

Room Tip: Just tell reservations what your requirements are and they will recommend the best room to suit your needs. It worked for us.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Great 2 night stay at Clifton House, the real bonus is its location (free parking at the back of the hotel) and quietness. We were there for a wedding and some guests complained of nosy nightlife from their accommodation but that was not a problem at Clifton House. Breakfast was tasty and quick. The room we stayed in was a little small at times, but the bed was very comfy! Very reasonable cost too when compared to other options.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My son is attending Bristol University and I live in Hastings, East Sussex so I need somewhere to stay when I come to see him. This hotel is in a league of its own. It seems as if it has very recently been refurbished (by Ikea, at an educated guess - I recognised the mattress protectors). The breakfast was of an extremely high standard. As well as the usual full English breakfast, they also offered Activia pouring yoghurt, Nutella chocolate spread, and top quality marmalade (didn't know the make), as well as lots of lovely toast. Oh I'm so greedy, I just wolfed it all down (and some of my daughter's - she's not as greedy as her mother). The staff were extremely friendly - and the young manageress even permitted me to leave my car in the car park for the rest of the day - which was really important because I was in Bristol on a University Open Day with my daughter, and had completely forgotten the fact that once I had checked out of the hotel, then theoretically they had every right to tell me to find somewhere else to park! This kind of thoughtfulness means I fully intend to stay at this hotel again when I start visiting my son here 2011/12.

The bedroom we had was £70 a night and fairly compact, but suited our needs perfectly.
It is a five minute walk to the central part of the University campus precinct.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here and I would definately stay here again. The room was huge, immaculately clean and well decorated. The staff were really helpful and welcoming and the place had a nice family feel to it. Breakfast was good too. The room rate was £90 which we thought was great value considering the hideous hotel we had stayed at in Southampton the night before for £100. The house is situated within walking distance of Clifton village and the main shopping centre. It has it's own parking and is in a lovely quiet location. We had some terrific meals out in Clifton Village. Bristol is great for a weekend away - so much to do!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple