“Family Stay”

Ranked #6 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Family Stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Myself and my 2 boys stayed in room 16, a family room. It had a low double futon type bed and two single beds either side. My boys are 4.5 and nearly 3 years old. I had them sleep in the futon bed, which worked out well. The room had a small standalone closet for clothes, which looked a bit odd, and out of place The room had a shower type bathroom, which was small, but in great order.
The hotel is an old building and has been tastefully managed. The breakfast is excellent and all the staff very pleasant and knowledgable.
Only downside if any, it was a bit pricey at £140/night, but all the accommodation in the city seemed similar. Recommended

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KeithRowson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

What a great place to stay! Loved everything the Clifton has to offer. Rooms, service, breakfast and location are just perfect. We actually stayed in a family room and then took two twin rooms, as the family room was booked out for our 2nd night. No problem at all, we left bags in the room, went out for the day and came back to the bags moved into our new rooms. No fussing just really good service with a smile. A return here is planned soon, cant say how much it ticked all our boxes. Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kevin i
London
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend as a family party of 10. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The quality of accommodation was very good, with comfortable beds and very clean rooms/ensuite.

The breakfast was particularly good in the nice bright dinning room. Plenty of parking included.

Close to the zoo and attractions in Clifton.

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I've stayed at a number of hotels in Bristol over the last couple of years, but this is the only one I've chosen to go back to. The hotel offers B&B only, which as far as I am concerned is an advantage because it means the hotel is quiet and restful at night. It is only a stone's throw from the Triangle and Whiteladies Road, so not far from a good selection of cafes, restaurants and bars, without being bothered by the noise! I've stayed in five different rooms, including one of the lower ground floor (semi-basement) rooms and all have been excellent. G has a particularly good power shower! The staff have been unerringly helpful and charming, even when, as was the case on our last visit, the hotel was fully booked and everyone seemed to want breakfast at the same time. I will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are massive and come with a sofa - very comfortable. The single rooms are good va...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Poole
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at this B&B and was very impressed. On the first night, I stayed in a superior room for £95 on the lower ground floor. It was very clean and spacious with a sofa and large TV. I found the room to be very quiet and really enjoyed my stay there. On the second night however, I moved to a standard room for £75 on the top floor (as no superior room was available). I found this room very small compared to the superior room ... the shower was very small and the TV had also shrunk compared to downstairs!! For £20 extra, I would definitely pick the superior room every time. It was also noisier as facing the road and very hot as at the top. But still, the standard of cleanliness was exceptional.

There is lots of choice for breakfast and the staff were in the main, friendly. I did have a bit of an abrupt conversation with a lady prior to my stay when I called at 8.55am to discuss my booking and was rather rudely told 'I can't discuss reservations before 9am'. However, during my actual stay, the staff bent over backwards to make sure I was happy so perhaps someone was just having an 'off day'!!

The hotel is in an excellent position for places to eat and drink on Whiteladies Road ... I was a bit nervous travelling on my own but found some really lovely places just around the corner .. try the Japenese restaurant Nomu or Browns Brasserie for some lovely food.

If I were to go back to Clifton, I would stay at this B&B again without doubt and hope I get the opportunity to do so soon.

Room Tip: Pick a superior room every time
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fishwif
Cardiff
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved this hotel - we stayed for a night in a spacious room on the lower ground floor, which had everything we needed, including free WiFi. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The location was great - it's near Clifton and the city centre - and we appreciated the free parking. A wonderfully inexpensive but comfortable room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shinyshughes
London, UK.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed just one night at Clifton House whilst in Bristol for our daughter's graduation (she got a 2:1!!). My daughter, despite her academic triumph, was given a basic room and my wife and I were in one of the nice ones on the ground floor. Both rooms were generously furnished, modern and clean with plenty of nice touches. The free wifi gave a strong signal throughout the property.

The reception staff were polite, friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Breakfast was - given the nature of the hotel and what we were paying - more than adequate.

The location is great for the university and the surrounding area. There is enough free parking for all guests to have a space and they don't fuss if you leave your car there after you've checked out.

When I realised I had left a phone-charger in my room, my enquiry by email was responded to promptly and efficiently with the device being located and posted to my home.

Oh, and since you ask, the graduation ceremony was marvellous and I was very proud!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family