“Would recommend this hotel”

Victoria Square Hotel
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Bristol
cornwall
“Would recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

cannot praise enough the staff and their helpfulness during my stay at this hotel. The room was quiet clean and with one double and one single bed for two of us - more than adequate. Had a place in the car park for my car. The breakfast was excellent. My daughter was an in patient at a hospital nearby and I was not sure how long my visit would last but the staff ensured that I did not have to worry about availability of my room. When my daughter was discharged - after 2pm - although I had booked the room for that night but did not want it as I was driving back down to Penzance,I was not charged for the room which the hotel would have been quite within their rights to do so. A big thankyou for being so understanding. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently stayed at the above hotel.the receptionist and staff were also approachable friendly and professional.it is in a marvellous location overlooking a large wooded park.bus stops are right outside the door.if visiting Bristol you really must book and stay here.

Room Tip: get one overlooking the park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
paddock wood
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stopped for one night at this hotel on the 3rd May and found the staff friendly and helpful,

The room was clean and tidy and the breakfast (albeit an extra) was good.

The car Park was easily missed and we did but we parked at side of hotel without problem and without charge.

Good Location for exploring Clifton and we made use of the bus service into town, as the bust stop is conveniently placed immediately outside the hotel.

Would recommend and stay again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were visiting Bristol.
Location is very convenient for the town and the suspension bridge. It is a bit of a uphill walk from the town however there is a bus stop outside the Hotel. Buses to and from the town serve this regularly. The car park is a bit tight to get into, a bit tight to park in and not surfaced very well. The parking is limited, first come first served basis. There is 'on road' parking but this is also in short supply.
Accommodation. We took two double rooms for the four of us. These are described as standard rooms, there are apparently some smaller rooms. Both rooms we had were very small. Enough room to walk around the bed, just. A sash window that may or may not open at all, depending on how strong you are. The bathrooms are no bigger than enough to squeeze in the toilet, sink and shower cubicle. You get more room than this in an upmarket touring caravan!
Food. I booked the rooms, asking for the free breakfast as advertised on their blog site, not the Best Western site. This is a franchise type establishment. Upon arrival I was informed of the basic bill that would need to be paid on departure, which included a charge for breakfasts. I disputed this and was reluctantly agreed with, the reduced rate was quoted. Arriving for breakfast the next morning we were told that we had not booked in for breakfast and the cost would be added to our bill. The same discussion as when arriving, but with less acceptance from the lady who did agree after I began to raise my voice to ensure my protest was heard by other guests, (not annoyingly loud I hasten to add).
When we came to check out the same argument (and it had become an argument) about the cost of breakfast again. The receptionist insisting I entered my card and pin into the machine to pay the bill. After I refused and she had paid a visit to the 'back room' she returned and hammered the keyboard to produce a revised bill that she slapped down on the desk in front of me, No comment but "insert card and pin please!"
I wouldn't mind if the breakfast was anything special, it was OK but we have definitely had better.
We will not be staying here again and if anyone from Best Western is reading this, we will not be using a hotel bearing your name again.

Room Tip: Try another Hotel, if these are standard, then the standards need raising!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had an overnight stay on Bank hol Sunday 4th May. Room was clean and modern, the building itself a beautiful Georgian town house. Breakfast was a serve yourself buffet with plenty of choice. Location is perfect for Clifton, parking is available at the rear of the hotel but the entrance is easily missed, took 2 goes. I'd probably give it 3 and a half stars, being picky, the room could have been slightly larger, would have prefered a bath to a shower. But at £70 for 2 people inc all you can eat breakfast, will certainly use it again, (booked via travelrepublic).

Room Tip: we had room 235 which overlooked to square to the front, would have it again for the view. 239 (or 2...
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just got back after a very enjoyable weekend. As soon as we arrived, the very pleasant location in Victoria Square brought a smile to our faces, and Kasia on Reception was helpful and cheerful. Able to leave our car in the hotel car park all weekend, as hotel convenient for buses. Short walk to Clifton Village, and the zoo isn't far either. Our room was in the other house from Reception, bar and dining room, but as it was May, and mild this was fine. Our room was absolutely adequate, quiet and had French doors into a pretty garden. Bathroom nothing fancy, but shower worked, lots of lovely hot water and thick white towels. Can't wait to return.