“A Finest Korean Restaurant”
Review of Surakhan - CLOSED

Surakhan
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

First appearance of Surakhan was very impressive. Korean Restaurants in London I have been had horribly old-fashioned interior, however, Surakhan is a modern-interior restaurant. Staffs were very kind and friendly. I went to here with my family. We ordered Tofu soup and Dolsot bibimbap. Tofu Soup was milder than I had in Korea, but have richer and deeper flavour. Dolsot bibimbap is completely same quality as in Korea. We were fully satisfied with the taste of all. I bet you Surakhan is the best choice for Korean cuisine in Bristol!

2  Thank youngju k

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I went to Surakhan for dinner with my family. We had Yangneom Chicken, Tofu Soup and Ddoekgalbi Deopbap. I was fully satisfied with the taste of all. Chicken was covered with the special sauce, and it was very delicious. I fully recommend this chicken as an best side dish for beer. Tofu Soup is one of my favorite Korean style soup. Although I had it in Korea, often I tasted some chemical flavor. However, I could not taste any chemical in Tofu Soup of Surakhan. My 3-yr daughter was really enjoy Ddeokgalbi Deopbap. It was very tasty and not too spicy. If you don't like spicy food, it could be the best choice in Surakhan. I fully recommend Surakhan, if you want to have some genuine Korean cuisine in Bristol.

3  Thank DONG GI J
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Not a 5* cos the mains portion is not what I've expected for the price I've paid compares to other restaurants for claypot dishes. However, overall the food was nice and service was very good too.

1  Thank ms168
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It is not the place for a business meeting, but if you're interesting in a new experience, the Surakhan is a good choice. The food is very unique. The staff assists in the ordering process.
Finally the menues delivered are really huge! Some of the plates come on hot stones. The taste is not what you expect, but it is delicious.
I've never been in Korea, but I think this might be authentic food. At least it is very uncommon for the European tongue.

2  Thank Adrian J
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We've eaten a few Korean meals in our time but this was definitely not the best. Even the dips were not sesame flavoured and they only had one pickle which was kimchi. No nice battered prawns and everything pretty bland. The staff were nice and friendly however.

1  Thank JK88