“I like it!”

Ranked #425 of 1,666 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This place is quite small, and when it's full is not always easy to have a chat without screaming but I like it. Don't be scared due to the absence of windows, but I like this place because the food is good and the staff is really kind and patient, and if you became used to go they treat you like "one of the family". The food as I said is good, fresh salad, good mussaka and kebab. The sweet are nice to. I would say that this place is amazing for group of friends, just be careful about the number and the timing: it's easy to find it busy. You have to try it once that you are in Bristol, also for the staff that is able to make the difference!

1  Thank Micol M

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Was up in Bristol visiting relatives... I Love Greek food, especially the Cypriot variety...

I'd sourced this place and although there aren't many reviews here, they're all good/excellent so far so it was a "must do"

Bonus, it was just down the hill from the hospital we were visiting...

Anyway, doesn't look much from outside, a "greasy kebab shop" take-away..

BUT step into the back and it's a piece of Cyprus in Bristol!

Yeah, the decor is a bit tatty and naff, yeah, they've got plastic tablecloths and cr@p wine glasses (normally something that ranks with MRSMG)

BUT, what a welcome!, The place was packed - always a good sign... It's a family business, and they're very much "hands on"

The four of us had a variety of starters, (excellent Kalamari!) then followed the mains...

Kleftico to die for...A perfectly grilled steak, and my lamb chops were the best that I've had in ages!!

salad, roasties, fries (only minor gripe - no rice)

Keo beer, or pints on draught, the usual Cypriot wines... we were well fed...

Great party atmosphere, George, the owner/chef came and sat and chatted, we haven't had as much fun in ages!!

OK, "haute quisine" it isn't, but for a belting night out, you've got to go....

My Son and his GF, who are picky eaters, both gave it 11/10... I'll just give it full marks all round!

They're open late as well!!

ATB,J.

1  Thank merseygull
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Came here not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Had mixed kebab with rice and salad. Portion was huge but very tasty and washed down with Keo cypriot lager. Recommended.

2  Thank ferencvaros
Reviewed 4 November 2011

what a lovely place to go and eat and drink. it is dated but it has got so much atmosphere, the owner and his wife were attentive, the food was excellent,it is a gem .will be going again soon.try it.

4  Thank bristolgiant
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This is by far my favourite restaurant in Bristol, we've been going there for years and the food is the most authentic i've ever eaten in this country. George and Flora are fabulous hosts and make you feel extremely welcome, the food is delicious and completely authentic, my favourite has to be the meze if i'm feeling hungry but the kebab house special always goes down a treat as well. Everything is fresh and George's roast potatoes and rice are to die for, I cannot recommend it enough.

5  Thank monkeychops181