“Friendly and Brilliant service!!!!!!”
Review of Easy Runner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Easy Runner
Ranked #15 of 51 Shopping in Bristol
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been running for 1 year now and have finally plucked up the courage to enter a half marathon and have really started to up my mileage then i started to get sore shins and knees!!! My friend who also runs advised me to go to Easy Runner to sort me out with a good supportive pair of trainers I was very pleased with the service and felt really relaxed as the girl that served me was very friendly and seemed to know her stuff about running!!!
The trainers are quite expensive but happy to pay that amount if it sorts my knees and shins out!! I will definately come back again.

5  Thank alfie y
"knowledge"
"race"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Offensive customer service is the phrase that springs to mind. I had planned to visit Easy Runner and Moti today to try on some trainers and decide which ones to get. I started with Easy Runner and apparently due to some characterisitc of mine I was labelled as "Going to rip us off", and, incredibly, they refused to tell me the make of trainer I had just tried on. Unbelievable. I was told to "ask the manager" if I wanted to know the make. The manager then came out and succeeded in humiliating me in front of several customers, accusing me of merely scoping out trainers to then buy from the internet, and started talking about how he didn't like one of the businessmen from Dragons Den. I was fantastically appalled at this point. I do not expect this kind of humiliation, including a 10 minute debate with the manager of the store. The staff member who initially served me showed me 3 pairs of trainers. I had to ask a total of 3 times to get the name of the first pair I tried. I was told the second one, and as I mentioned, not told the make of the third one. Despite all this, the manager still didn't tell me what I'd tried on (I was only allowed to know the brand). I did explain that perhaps instead of arguing with customers they should tell them why they can't tell them instead of participating in the absolute shambles that unfolded. The manager said to me "But I don't know you from adam do I? I don't know who you are.". Frankly that was hipocrisy at it's blatent best. He had decided EXACTLY who I was. It's just incredibly offensive to be assumed to be dishonourable and full of lies when all you're doing it trying to get a new pair of running shoes because your old ones are knackered so you can get back on the 10k circuit. I'd had a hard week at work, paid my dues like a lot of us out there and I got this. Laughable. Disgusted, I then went to Moti, told them about my awful experience, and they promptly allowed me to try on two pairs of trainers, let me go on the treadmill to look at my gait, and I'm going back there tomorrow to get my new trainers. They didn't take one look at me and think "This guy is dodgy and he's full of lies.". Going to Easy Runner was simply the worst shop experience I've had in my life. What a joke.

3  Thank TM359
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I keep coming back year after year, nothing seems to be too much trouble and the new shop makes for a much more comfortable service. I also had a 'genuine fault' sent back to the manufacturer and resolved within 2 weeks no problem.
Ps park at the NCP in trenchard street it's only a pound for up to two hours and they give you your pound back instore if you produce your parking ticket.

I'd reccomend them to anyone

Reccomend them to anyone

4  Thank Yewsey
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Initially when buying my trainers the shop staff were very helpful. I later returned my trainers with a fault and after leaving them with the shop, I had to wait almost a month before finally being told they would not carry out a stitching repair. When returning to collect my trainers I was met with a cold response and left feeling very uncomfortable. It might have been a bad day for them - who knows - but its thumbs down from me I’m afraid, and I won’t be using them again.

2  Thank honestlyBristol
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2002

Once again I returned to Bristol, it takes 90mins so I'm doing it because the service is so good.

Taking my old trainers, the shop assistants analyse them, listen to your requests or concerns and then get you to run across the foot pad to check your foot fall.

Returning with several pairs which are sequentially tried and retried by running up or down the road outside you are eventually assisted in your purchase by the excellent staff.

Complaints: even with the renovation and small expansion the shop is still tiny and is constantly packed. Parking near to the shop is difficult.

Still worth the trip.