“Brilliant service and VERY patient staff ... even near closing time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Easy Runner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Easy Runner
Ranked #17 of 48 Shopping in Bristol
Yeovil, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant service and VERY patient staff ... even near closing time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

A friend at work recommended that I visit Easy runner for a fitting when I mentioned how bad by Plantar Fasciitis was getting so early into the hockey season. The thought of running more than I had to when refereeing a hockey match was enough to bring tears to my eyes and I was hobbling around like an old woman in the mornings.

Putting the name into google to get directions I was confronted with a really low review score and several (very similar sounding) rants about how bad the service is. Knowing how picky my colleague is I decided to risk the 90 minute journey to the store and boy am I glad that I did.

Ruth was amazing, I turned up at gone six on there late night opening and she worked with me until after closing to make sure that my fussy, horrible feet found some trainers that worked for me. Not only did this go above and beyond, but the owner/manager(?) came back to the store before we had finished up and was full of helpful advice and info to try and help improve my poor feet. At no time did I feel under pressure to hurry up. Nor did they try and sell me the most expensive shoe in the shop.

I will quite happily recommend the shop to anyone and everyone that I talk to at the moment and I'm not easy to please.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sarah L

Bristol, United Kingdom
“old school good quality service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have used Easy Runner for several years. I always get a nice welcome, but more importantly they provide a proper service, and i dont mean 'are you having a good day?', but they are willing to take a bit of time to actually find out which shoe is most suitable. It means it is actually a shopping experience. They also reward loyal customers like me with a discount, and they volunteered that. Some businesses will try to charge more for your loyalty as they think they can get away with it. I was a little saddened to hear they now charge a small fee for their excellent try out sessions, a reflection they told me of the fact that some people use and abuse that service by coming in, doing the session, then going away and finding it somewhere a few quid cheaper via internet etc. I would urge anyone to take advantage of this brilliant service and enjoy the full shopping experience, and i would urge the shop to continue to offer this service free to loyal customers. Keep up the good work. The quality of advice is absolutely unrivalled. I read an earlier damming review which simply did not ring true. In my view this is comfortably the best shop of its type in Bristol.

Visited August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shoes which fit and last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Which Moti man is writing stuff about Easy Runner I won Midland Counties 100k championship some years ago and won my age group in the world trail race championship 80 mile race. In both cases before and since I have been to easy runner for my trainers and have always been impressed with their knowledable and efficient service. Not always the cheapest true but if you want good shoes from people who know their business go to easy runner

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Richard N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant little shop, will go there again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I have been to Easy Runner twice now. My most recent visit required another analysis on the recommendation of a shop assistant as I had broken my ankle since buying my first pair of trainers.

She was polite and efficient and found me a great pair of shoes which I have had no problem with.

I do have mates who care more about price or colour of a shoe, but to be honest I'd rather pay a few extra quid safe in the knowledge that the trainers I run in are the best for my body - that's exactly what I've done twice now without any problem. Would strongly recommend them if you're a clueless recreational runner like me!

1 Thank bs4john
Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“VERY VERY HELPFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was recommended by some friends to visit Easy Runner after I said I was experiencing some ankle pain and they said it may be due to me using the wrong running trainers. The service was definitely as good as they described and I came away with a pair of shoes which I was confident that they were the best ones for me after trying on several pairs. I was also pleased to be given the reassurance that as long as I keep the mileage low in the shoes for the first couple of runs and if I keep them clean and tidy, I can return to the shop with the reciept and they will offer me an exchange for another pair. Would definitely recommend this shop to anybody!

Visited March 2012