“Good but crowded”
Review of M Shed

M Shed
Ranked #12 of 207 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: See amazing film and photographs, listen to moving personal stories, encounter rare and quirky objects and add your own memories of Bristol through the interactive displays. From prehistoric times to the present day, M Shed tells the story of the city and its unique place in the world.
Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good but crowded”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent - free entry lots to see and do but take change for the car park or pay for your space via text. Still find the outside grubby looking and more could be done to brighten up the place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Good for fans of Wallace & Gromit”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The main museum is free but there is a charge of the W&G exhibition - £14.95 for a family ticket. You'll be in and out in under an hour but it is worth going to see particularly if you are interested in how things come together. There are doors to open and buttons to press but to get the most out of it be prepared to read the info and look carefully at the exhibits. All in all good fun. If you're visiting the UK and don't have our obsession with Wallace and Gromit and/or haven't seen the films you might not get the finer points. On the other hand it might encourage you to get hold of a DVD!

Visited July 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Poor”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I am from Bristol & I didn't like M Shed, I perfered the old industrial museum. Not much about Bristol industrial industry sadly, my review is my personal experience.

BristolMuseums, Visitor Services at M Shed, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear you aren't so keen on the new museum. If you are more interested in the industrial side of things we do tours of our stores that contain a lot of the large industrial objects that aren't currently on display. We do these tours five times a week so give us a call at 0117 352 6600 or come in and see us to find out more info. I hope you will give us another chance.

Justin Searle
Visitor Services
Brighton, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Saw Wallace & Gromit exhibition”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great afternoon wandering around the museum, very we'll out together and lots to read. We saw the exhibition of Wallace & Gromit. Fantastic. We'll presented and great to get up close. The view from the top floor is a must see.

Visited June 2014
Preston
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It was free. . . And fun”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I only had minimum time to look around here, I learnt a lot about Bristol. ..and loved every minute of it.

I really wished my 7 yr old nephew was with me. I looked around the ground floor exhibit and there was loads to read and it was interactive, this so beats manchesters football museum. .

The hightlight of my trip was jumping on the green double decker bus and it start up as if it was going somewhere and pre - recorded sounds made it come to life. I couldnt help but smile while I emersed my self in the experience. . My friend was ppuzzled to see me laughing to me self. Brilliant.

I got to sit in a bomb shelter too.

This place is brill for school going kids. . Just excellent. . Packed with loads.

Visited July 2014