“Very tasty”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for a lunch time buffet. Wasnt expecting it to be amazing as we bought a Groupon but somewhere to try new Indian food rather than having the same thing. We came in and we're greeted by very friendly staff. We were shown to the table and sat down. We ordered our drinks which I have to admit, for a buffet were very reasonably priced and we're even given the option of ice cold water free of charge!
We went up to get our food. Although the choice of different dishes weren't great, the quality of the food really made you not mind at all!
The chicken tikka massala was lovely and the lamb in the lamb rogan josh just flaked apart!
The staff even brought around beautifully cooked fresh naan bread!

All in all we had a cheap buffet in a nice restaurant setting with very nice staff and even better food!

Will definitely come back again!

2  Thank americandan01

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Food quality is good typical north Indian taste..bit costly then other Indian restaurants but worth going there.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Greeted by staff in a friendly manner. Menu List provided is in itself of a very high quality. Inside, meals listed are `tastefully` described and all very tempting.
Staff member who takes your order memorises it! I have it on good authority that he never gets the order wrong.
The service and the meals are superb. This is a restaurant where persons go back to time and time again.
Cost - 66cl Kingfisher lager £4.95. Sauvignon Blanc bottle £14.50. Starter, and I do recommend it, Avocado Delhi Chaat £4.95. Main courses are around £10-14.
Hotel is local to the Hippodrome.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been coming here for the lunch buffet every couple of months for a while but today we were disappointed. Two of our favourite things in the past were the freshly cooked, hot naan bread served to your table and Gulab Jamun, originally with ice cream. Last time we went the ice cream had gone, this time so had the fresh naan bread and Gulab Jamun. The meat seemed dry, the staff were efficient but not very friendly. It is cheap but I think it is time for us to look elsewhere for a value for money lunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I work in Bristol quite a lot and often go for meals alone. I had a great experience at this restaurant. The menu has a wide variety of dishes with very clear descriptions. I had the Salmon Tikka to start and the Chicken Labdabda for main with coconut rice, both of which were delicious and very reasonably priced.

The service was very attentive without being intrusive and both courses arrived quickly, which as a sole diner is always a plus (I think I was in and out in about 40 minutes).

I think they will be closed for refurbishment in August, so don't be put off by the scaffolding outside if you go in July; the restaurant is open and well worth a visit.

1  Thank Andrew B