“.....Just keep walking to Burger King.”

Dexters Bar & Chargrill
Ranked #1,292 of 1,677 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Airport located restaurant with 103 covers offers Kids menu, Gluten free menu, All day b'fast Large group table bookings in advance open 3:30am and closes 8:00pm. The only place in airport to serve ice creams and milk shakes!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I should have read the reviews before eating here then perhaps I would have opted for Burger King instead.
You have but a few choices in Bristol Airports departure lounge for food and on the surface of things Dexter's looks like the option to go for.

So we waited for what seemed like an eternity at the "Wait Here To Be Seated" sign. Numerous waitresses casually flit back and forth without so much as an acknowledgement. Eventually we were seated at a requested booth, although every empty table looked like the floor outside a festival takeaway trailer and ours need a quick clean down before we could be seated.

We thought "ok that's probably the bad bit out of the way",unfortunately we were so wrong. We waited about 20+ minutes for our order to be taken, no preliminary drink order either. This was despite putting on our best "we are ready" face and Meerkat look about heads.

Our drinks arrived about 10 minutes later. My pint of beer had what looked like a giant bogey floating in the top, how it was missed by the girl who poured it, I don't know.
I sought out a replacement.

When our food eventually arrived it was mediocre at best. Tiny portions, my son's kids meal actually had more chips than my £11.00 dish. But credit where it is due, the chips weren't half bad, but when the chips are the best part of an average meal - you know something is wrong.

The staff don't seem too bothered and are probably just clock watching till their shift ends. The fixtures, fittings, tables etc are all worn, tired, sticky and poorly placed (our booth table was to far from the bench seat to eat comfortably).
What makes it worse is the view of BK staring you in the face throughout this terrible experience, almost taunting you "You should have eaten here, I wouldn't have let you down"

I left with a severe case of buyers remorse, still hungry and with absolutely zero desire to leave a tip.
I would not eat here again, even if the meal was free.

3  Thank Gonzopete

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Not the best thing I've ever eaten.
In fact it was pretty disgusting. Actually wishing I went to Burger King now. Sad times.
I feel sorry for the staff and they look so depressed. Probably dealing with complaints.

4  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Flew out on Sunday morning, enjoyed a delicious breakfast, quick service and friendly, considering how busy it was.....

1  Thank velma101
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

So the options before me were Burger King or Dexters bar and grill. Being a fan of all things grilled and fully aware that bk probably microwave their burgers, Dexters it was.

Having found the "wait here to be seated" sign I waited, and waited some more while two waiters walked past me. Eventually (short of the pretend heart attack routine) I politely coughed over to the scared looking youngster at the till.
He asked me to follow him and instructed me to "sit anywhere mate, they all have stuff on em. Want anything while you wait? I'll come back and clean it in a minute yeah?"

Yeah.

I picked the cleanest looking spot out of the 8 cluttered dirty tables and settled down to read the menu-it looked delicious, all types of burgery ribby steaky delights which I couldn't wait to get my lips round.

I was in no rush whatsoever having allowed myself an hour to eat before my fight was even called so I didn't mind a little wait. Having sat down at 20.00 I was beginning to really get a hunger on by 20.15 and had already decided to go all out with a bacon cheese burger with extra onion rings and homemade slaw on the side...

Needless to say by 20.20 I was beginning to salivate and was thinking about finishing off the ribs on the table in front of me and maybe even minesweeping the leftover fanta too as my waiter had neither cleaned any tables or taken my drink order. This minute was beginning to look like 20.

I relaxed myself and again remembered I was here to avoid the burger microwave king.

After a few more minutes I thought-ok give until 20.30 then it's double whopper time.

20.30 came and went.

I casually picked up my bag and wandered out of the restaurant with a sad glazed Burger King double whopper smile on my hungry face.

Even if it was microwaved, it came out on a tray in 2minutes and I ate every scrap.

It was almost the culinary version of the recent semi-final in Brazil:

Dexters 1
Burger King 7

Hard luck dexters, maybe next time?

7  Thank Nathan P
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Easily done - don't include the burger! Next step - when advised by the customer of this just laugh! Customer returns to table, no one does anything about this so after a few minutes customer returns to bar and is laughed at again, he is then understandably angry and asks to see the Manager who arrives at the table and apologies profusely says she will get another meal for customer and wife, who had actually received a burger but meal was cold. New inedible meals arrive after 10 minutes both burgers burnt black and so dry they crumbled. Takes airport food to a new low.

4  Thank Sukiliz