“Not all that good”

Dexters Bar & Chargrill
Ranked #1,335 of 1,762 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Airport located restaurant with 103 covers offers Kids menu, Gluten free menu, All day b'fast Large group table bookings in advance open 3:30am and closes 8:00pm. The only place in airport to serve ice creams and milk shakes!
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Been going here for a snack before flight and usually the food is ok, but not all that great this time. Staff are very friendly though.

1  Thank Henry M

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Early afternoon flight & no inflight meals with airline, so decided we'd eat at the airport prior to flight, as too early to have lunch before getting to airport. Had a quick look around departure lounge & the Dexters menu seemed ok. Told on being seated there was a 20 minute delay, yet there were only a few tables seated & what appeared to be just one table waiting for food. That should have set off alarm bells & made us walk, but we were more focused on grabbing a quick bite pre flight. Served three massively overcooked burgers, totally dried out & burgers just crumbled on cutting. 3 burgers & 3 soft drinks - £39 & a total waste of money. I'm no fan of burgerking, but it would have offered a better quality meal than Dexters!

3  Thank p w
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I should have read the reviews before eating here then perhaps I would have opted for Burger King instead.
You have but a few choices in Bristol Airports departure lounge for food and on the surface of things Dexter's looks like the option to go for.

So we waited for what seemed like an eternity at the "Wait Here To Be Seated" sign. Numerous waitresses casually flit back and forth without so much as an acknowledgement. Eventually we were seated at a requested booth, although every empty table looked like the floor outside a festival takeaway trailer and ours need a quick clean down before we could be seated.

We thought "ok that's probably the bad bit out of the way",unfortunately we were so wrong. We waited about 20+ minutes for our order to be taken, no preliminary drink order either. This was despite putting on our best "we are ready" face and Meerkat look about heads.

Our drinks arrived about 10 minutes later. My pint of beer had what looked like a giant bogey floating in the top, how it was missed by the girl who poured it, I don't know.
I sought out a replacement.

When our food eventually arrived it was mediocre at best. Tiny portions, my son's kids meal actually had more chips than my £11.00 dish. But credit where it is due, the chips weren't half bad, but when the chips are the best part of an average meal - you know something is wrong.

The staff don't seem too bothered and are probably just clock watching till their shift ends. The fixtures, fittings, tables etc are all worn, tired, sticky and poorly placed (our booth table was to far from the bench seat to eat comfortably).
What makes it worse is the view of BK staring you in the face throughout this terrible experience, almost taunting you "You should have eaten here, I wouldn't have let you down"

I left with a severe case of buyers remorse, still hungry and with absolutely zero desire to leave a tip.
I would not eat here again, even if the meal was free.

3  Thank Gonzopete
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Not the best thing I've ever eaten.
In fact it was pretty disgusting. Actually wishing I went to Burger King now. Sad times.
I feel sorry for the staff and they look so depressed. Probably dealing with complaints.

4  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Flew out on Sunday morning, enjoyed a delicious breakfast, quick service and friendly, considering how busy it was.....

1  Thank velma101