“Buzz about the place.”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
bristol
“Buzz about the place.”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

You have to say the atmosphere here is always busy, welcoming and a mixed age group.
The staff were friendly and we decided to book a table,although there is no need. We arrived when the Southville community were having an 'Arts Trail'. The main high st, was closed to traffic. The Bar was packed with lots of people, which only added to the experience. The food was ok, not the best I've had but not the worst. The surroundings were comfy and we did think that all in all we would return. Nice staff at the bar and did take time to make us feel that we were important even though they were very busy. Out door seating area with a view and great art work. Sunday there is a small interesting market will local products.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BristolDawn

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Late food, no food and wet salad”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife’s food arrived after 45 minutes, mine didn’t (refunded) and then we had to leave after 15 minutes later to go to the theatre. We had some starters, homous which was course and bland, olive oil based bread just got out of the fridge with olive oil drizzled over it. My wife’s goat cheese patti she said was good, but the salad was wet, soggy but not through the salad dressing… Will not be going back for the food – theatre madhampton very good though…shame really

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank PhillWheatley
Edinburgh
“nice buzz about the place”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

First time in Bristol and found this place near my bnb. It's probably the landmark venue for an area that is starting to gentrify.
Very buzzy lively feel, with a mixed crowd of families with toddlers, students, and older couples. Dimmed lights and sofas as well as tables.
I had the lamb and veg stew with basmati rice. To be honest, for over £9, I would have liked a bigger portion - there was not enough rice to soak up the sauce, and it was quiet plain, but still a good meal on a cold night. Service was very quick - only had to wait 5 mins for my meal to arrive.
Best thing about this place is the beer- range of draughts from Bristol beer factory and guest ale from Stroud. A nice pint.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CTwydale
Bristol
“Great food although a bit limited.”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We visited the Tobacco Factory for a birthday celebration. We reserved a table for about 10 of us in the Green Room. It was a little cramped and later on the table next to us got very loud. As the room is a bit on the small side it got overwhelming so we moved to the main bar area which was more congenial. The food menu was a bit limited but I must say that my steak was perfect. Cooked exactly how I ordered it and served with fluffy mashed potato, peppercorn sauce and grilled tomato. Not bad for £10.50.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank simdee2
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lazy sunday afternoons :)”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I think the variety and versatility of the Tobacco Factory lends itself to a whole bunch of occasions. Home-made food to live music, sofas to dinner tables, pub quizz to art shows . . . . theyre probably is something for everyone.
I've been to eat for dinner, and just for drinks as well, both work well and are equally welcommed. Although it can get very busy, so it's best not to be in a rush, I would recomend the Tobacco Factory to any of my friends for an easy-going ploace to hang out, catch up and perhaps have a drink of two.
Enjoy.