“Worst Chinese food in Bristol?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotcha

Hotcha
Ranked #1,250 of 1,565 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Worst Chinese food in Bristol?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Hotch Baldwin Street managed to deliver me the worst Chinese food I've ever had.... Twice.
The first time they sent overcooked, bland, watery noodles with nothing in them and burnt chicken balls.
Being the type to give them the benefit of the doubt I called customer services and ket them re-deliver. The ensuing food was, if anything, worse than the first.
Horrible, horrible, horrible. Avoid.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Doug H

“Once really great, now down-hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I don't know what happened, but Hotcha used to be the best Chinese I have visited. However, over 2013 they got quietly worse, cheaper, and committed the cardinal sin of telling a customer they were lying -- I'd ordered stuff on line and it didn't all come. When I questioned it they said I'd never ordered it. I showed them the receipt and they apologised... but no other recompense for their mistake (the item was delivered TWO HOURS later!). It doesn't take a scientist to know why that experience was bad customer service. Unfortunately, it's very characteristic of them overall now, and after the last delivery took two hours to get to me and my friends we vowed that we'd given them enough chances. It's just confusing to me how the company has gone so bad so quick. Over expansion?
I would like to leave one positive note - their satay sauce is the best I've had, and the last order we had it was still as good. So there is a bright side to the cloud I suppose.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank JeremiahEcks
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The mighty have fallen!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

When this place opened it was a God send. Freshly made, authentic Chinese food poured into big portions made you return time after time. But then the profit hungry Managers began to scrimp and save, cutting corner after corner and leaving what can only be described as a second rate burger van kitchen. Having returned just this week I was appalled by the 'new' dinner time menu. No longer are meals fresh, the beef & blackbean dish has been replaced with microwave food, and the staff would look more at home behind bars.

Shocking, disgusting and so, so sad to see such a promising opening ruined in the quest for cash. No stars - if such a thing was possible.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank Anthony R
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ordered online and delivery took 90 minutes instead of the estimated 40; the delivery man was incoherent and failed to find the address twice. This could be forgiven if the food was good when it arrived, however it was appallingly bad. It seemed like a mixture of old and new noodles making it mushy and bland. Barely any meat and the various assorted veg was also tasteless. I am really disappointed and feel I could have cooked something better myself and I am by no means a chef. Will NEVER buy from here EVER AGAIN.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SEFD94
Bristol, United Kingdom
“quality of food has dramatically dropped recently”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

i used to really like Hotcha but this past month the food has been terrible!! Barely any sauce on the lemon chicken - barely any meat in the Singapore noodles (basically they were plain & bland) the chicken satay skewers were well over cooked & the ribs had no meat on!!
the price is now too high for the very poor recent quality. I have given you 3 chances the past month (since the quality nosedived) & awful on every occasion. we've since found 2x much better Chinese takeaways local.

• Visited February 2014