“Great hospitality, helpful people, very clean and nice environment!!”

The Regency Bristol Hotel
Ranked #39 of 49 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The first time I visited Bristol, I stayed at Regency. Firstly, everyone was very helpful, something which creates immediately a safe and nice environment for visitors. The hotel is very cute, nice decorated and the most important, it was extremely clean. I would certainly stay at the same hotel again, when I visit Bristol in future. I went for business and I asked via e-mail a quite room with good internet access. So, my room was like being to a village, not hearing anything, and I had fast internet access to do my job on my laptop. Breakfast was cooked on demand, very fresh and tasty. Fresh fruits, cereals, fresh coffee etc were also available and served by a very person. Also, the hotel is located in a very beautiful area, quite close to many services i.e. banks, bars, market etc. Thank you guys, it was very nice to meeting you...see you again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sotiris3600

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Phoned the hotel prior to booking to check on car parking arrangements to be told "Would be able to park the car". Arrived 8.00pm ish on 29th Oct and went to book in and was then told there was no parking as all the spaces had been taken. The receptionist waved her arm in the direction of behind the building and said "park there, there is plenty of parking", went to have a look and found no parking and yellow lines. on returning to the hotel and complaining, they found a slot.
The restaurant was closed (8pm) the room was adequate and clean. the breakfast we had prepaid £20 for was poor at best and we had to ask for salt/pepper the orange juice, butter. The portions were small. The person who served us was pleasant enough. Overall a poor experience and we would defiantly not rebook.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Had a great weekend staying in this hotel with a group of girlfriends. Lovely staff and good location. Really excellent value for money. Will definitely stay here again. I can also really recommend The Lido which is just round the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors as there's no lift
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JCC40
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I arrived at the hotel at around 9pm after a very long day. I had booked a few days in advance.
I was astounded when I was asked to pay in advance for my room and breakfast. I would be very interested to know if any other guests have been asked to comply with this 'company policy'. After speaking to the owner, at length and being shown the room, I agreed to pay up for my room but not for breakfast. I agreed to pay in advance mainly because I was just too exhausted to find somewhere else to stay as I was told 'all the hotels in St. Paul's Road do this too'.

After getting something to eat, I went to bed. The room was freezing and the heating wasn't working. Again too exhausted for another tussle with hotel management I went to sleep, hoping to warm up. I did, but was unfortunately woken twice in the night. My room was also next to the bottle bank,which didn't help.

In the morning it was too freezing to contemplate showering, and so I went to reception to complain about the heating, which was 'rebooted' thankfully. However I needed another trip to reception as I found the shower inoperable, and needed help to get it working.

I left without breakfast as agreed (now running late because of the shower incident). However, during the day, to add insult to injury, I was called and told that I owed money because I had eaten breakfast and left without paying for it.

The hotel itself was well decorated and my room was clean. However, the services were very poor and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I stay here reguarly as my office is just around the corner. Whilst the hotel rooms are passable the breakfast is a joke!!
£6.95 for either continental or cooked, only one drink allowed i.e one coffee or one orange juice, no cereal if you go for cooked option!!
Today i had scrambled egg on toast, had some very grey looking egg on one dry slice of toast. Waitress was rude and unhelpful.
I have stayed here 5 times in last 6 months hoping breakfast would improve but it hasn't, sorry Regency but im going back to the Clifton from now on!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Well the reception staff are excellent in their customer service, I was helped to park, (never easy in Clifton), bags were taken and manners were lovely. Room was fair, clean and fresh.
Difficult to accept that when you have booked on the day of your arrival you turn up, book in, pay and ask what to do about food you are told the restaurant is shut... It felt like this was not a last minute situation, breakfast was also not possible. It is clearly shown on the website as having not only these facilities, run by their 'mystery chef' but stresses that these are good. They are certainly a mystery.
There was obviously no resolution, no offer to discount a fairly brutal lack to live up to the hotel's own trade description or acceptance that this is a poor situation. Sadly poor.

Room Tip: Room choice was fine, I investigated via booking websites, checked the hotel website and then booke...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Good sized double room.Comfortable, clean and well decorated. Staff friendly and helpful. A few parking places outside. Breakfast was lovely. Good value and handily for centre of Bristol. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: July 2013