The Regency Bristol Hotel
US$88
US$74
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
US$133
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
US$85
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssmall hotelclifton villagehotel barcomfortable roomsdouble roomsuspension bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Checked in and was a bit surprised to be asked to pay on arrival and make a decision there and then about breakfast. The room charge was the same as other hotels in the area but the approach was more geared to a cheaper place, ie pay on arrival and sign to say you will pay if you lose the key etc. Reception was also deserted and there didn't appear to be a proper hotel bar etc. If you come back after midnight then the doors will be locked. I guess I just expected that for the hotel room charge it would be more like a hotel with a 24hour reception, room service, and lounge and bar. There wasn't any parking and it was hard to find somewhere on the busy roads. also my room was freezing and they seemed to have some trouble getting the heating on and to stay on it it. When I woke up it was off and the bathroom was ice cold and the towels felt damp and the towel rail wasn't on. The shower pressure was hopeless. All in all I wished I had stayed at the Holiday inn or Avon Gorge which were the same price at the time and had the comforts of a larger hotel. I felt this one was more like a guest house, ie clean but basic rooms without service and hotel facilities and the room charge should have been half the price it was. When I cam back at 11.30pm the door was open but there wasn't anyone on recption and the place was deserted.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I wish I had taken notice of other reviews and gone elsewhere. Room was tiny with sloping ceilings and I felt very Chlaustrophobic. I did not have enough money to go elsewhere and should have looked at room first as others have said.

Claims to be re-furbished, but it is very cheap. Web-site pictures of outside areas with umbrellas looks like a bar diagonally across the road and not at the hotel.

Altogether, very misleading.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The first time I visited Bristol, I stayed at Regency. Firstly, everyone was very helpful, something which creates immediately a safe and nice environment for visitors. The hotel is very cute, nice decorated and the most important, it was extremely clean. I would certainly stay at the same hotel again, when I visit Bristol in future. I went for business and I asked via e-mail a quite room with good internet access. So, my room was like being to a village, not hearing anything, and I had fast internet access to do my job on my laptop. Breakfast was cooked on demand, very fresh and tasty. Fresh fruits, cereals, fresh coffee etc were also available and served by a very person. Also, the hotel is located in a very beautiful area, quite close to many services i.e. banks, bars, market etc. Thank you guys, it was very nice to meeting you...see you again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sotiris3600
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Phoned the hotel prior to booking to check on car parking arrangements to be told "Would be able to park the car". Arrived 8.00pm ish on 29th Oct and went to book in and was then told there was no parking as all the spaces had been taken. The receptionist waved her arm in the direction of behind the building and said "park there, there is plenty of parking", went to have a look and found no parking and yellow lines. on returning to the hotel and complaining, they found a slot.
The restaurant was closed (8pm) the room was adequate and clean. the breakfast we had prepaid £20 for was poor at best and we had to ask for salt/pepper the orange juice, butter. The portions were small. The person who served us was pleasant enough. Overall a poor experience and we would defiantly not rebook.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Had a great weekend staying in this hotel with a group of girlfriends. Lovely staff and good location. Really excellent value for money. Will definitely stay here again. I can also really recommend The Lido which is just round the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors as there's no lift
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends