Hotel du Vin & Bistro
US$87
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$94
US$91
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$91
US$96
US$93
1,363 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showersugar houseveuve clicquotfree standing bathloft suitewalk in showerhuge showerlovely hotelstandard roomlimited parkingsunday nightbirthday treateggs benedictcoffee machinemini barlarge room
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came down from Wales and did the "Sunday Stopover", where if you spent £75 in the restaurant you got so much off the room price.
We hadn't stayed anywhere like this before and was only due to the Sunday offer we could really afford it. But must say we are so glad we went.
We stayed in the Mezanne loft suite, and it was gorgeous. Bed was beautiful and miserably designed, room was delightfully cozy and very comfortable. The bathroom being upstairs and overlooking the bedroom was really gorgeous. Shower was very spacious and bath wonderfully comfortable. Only very slight downside was view not that good from window but nothing major.
Food was great, really well priced we thought especially when in comparison to the room prices. Had fillet steaks and were cooked to perfection. Drinks varied from reasonable to expensive dependant on what we had, but worth it and certainly didn't put me off buying the cocktails...only slight downside is we were definitely the youngest couple there (early 20's) and we did feel somewhat out of place, but it certainly won't put us off coming again.
Staff were lovely eager to help and professional. Also think the bartender deserves a personal mention as he was wonderful. Told him what tastes and flavours I likes and made me cocktails to suit. Really impressed.
My partner likes to try new hotels wherever we go however I shall be hopefully convincing him to come here again soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lorraine J, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased you were well looked after when you stayed with us and I hope we can welcome you back to HOtel du Vin soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We always stay here when in Bristol. It is consistently good. The building is beautiful, the service is slick, dinner is always lovely, fabulous wine (and very knowledgable and helpful sommelier) and such comfortable beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GemJS
Lorraine J, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on our hotel. I am delighted you continue to enjoy your stays with us. It would be loveley to meet with you when you next stay, so please say hello.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a beautiful building and the bar and dining room are partcularly splendid. The staff are very well trained and attentive.
Very pleasant comfortable bedroom with a lovely bath and walk-in shower. A great place to re-charge the batteries. There was a bit of noise from other guests retuning late on a busy Saturday night.
The wine list, as you would hope from this chain, is excellent and not too pricey for the quality. The bar staff and sommelliers are outstanding.
I was however, slightly disappointed by the dinner. The presentation and portion of the main course was not very special. I ordered bouillabaisse and although the sauce was very good, there was a solitary prawn and not a lot of fish - the presentation was not particularly inspired either. It was accompanied by cheese on toast that even a high street cafe would have managed. At £18 a portion this was not what I expected.
In contrast, the breakfast was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. Faultless.
There is very little parking outside although there is a discount with NPC. It still cost me £15, which grates a little! The room wasn't ready until 3 pm (as advertised) but I think that is still a little late in the day.
So, not a particularly cheap venue (even with the package deal booked on-line). Lots of positives (great staff, breakfast, wonderful bar and bedroom). Let down by the rather below-average & disappointing dinner for the price. So, I'll probably try somewhere else next time in Bristol, which is a shame, because it is a lovely building and the main meal was much better on a previous visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay with us. I can only apologise that you did not find the food up to standard, please be assured that your comments regarding the food will be passed to our head chef as well as our group executive chef for them to review. We are introducing a new Al Fresco menu in May which will showcase some lighter, summer dishes at great value for money, so you may like to try them out at Henley HdV to restore your faith in our menus. Thank you for your time and honesty and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Interesting hotel in the centre of Bristol with a very small car park but close to large NCP. Stayed on business for two nights and the food both at breakfast and dinner was superb. My room was huge, clean and interestingly had a pole in the middle of it supporting a ceiling beam. The room was through the bar and into what I thought was a cupboard, which actually turned out to be a door to the lift. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Came to the restaurant here with a group of friends. The food was excellent and it is a beautiful building. There were two things I really objected to as I think they were, well, cheeky. The first thing was that when we arrived and were ordering the staff asked if we'd like some water. We said yes and they brought out bottled water at £3.50 a bottle. They didn't ask if we wanted tap water or mineral water, sparkling or still. That's quite cheeky. Then they only brought us the a la carte menus instead of the set menus too (which are cheaper). Again, cheeky. So it really felt like they were trying to get every penny they could out of us. Really not necessary.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EnieBiggles

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent visit. I will make sure I speak with staff regarding the issues that you brought up, although our Prix Fixe menus is only available in the early evening, so perhaps that was why you were not offered it. I would like to thank you for your comments though and please be assured that I will follow up on them.