“Authentic tasting food”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Famous for Thalis but you'll find classic Indian snacks, coffee and cakes on the menu too. Quirky decor, great atmosphere, free Wifi, kids welcome. Award-winning Tiffin Takeaway scheme. Great for meetings and business lunches; contact us about catering for your party or celebration.Located in the centre of Easton, this is one of four Thali Cafes in Bristol. We avoid mainstream locations in favour of areas with a strong sense of community where we can foster relationships with local people and businesses.
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We were out shopping and fancied a bite to eat
We have been to Thali cafe before
We ordered a Masala Dosa
It was delicious very flavoursome
The atmosphere is very chilled out .has a real community feel
Families of all generations
We went about 130 and there was no rush to eat
Very happy with the service
Would advise people to give it a go
You will be seeing us again
Mistry's

1  Thank smistry
There are newer reviews for Thali Cafe Easton

Reviewed 1 August 2013

More than just a restaurant, it's a cafe, hangout, whatever you want it to be, with different tables, chairs, sofas scattered about the place. There are different Thali Cafes around Bristol, but St Mark's Road has the right vibe - the one in Clifton Village tries hard, but ain't the same. The food is simple, wholesome and delicious - nothing too fancy. I like the Southern Thali with fish curry. You won't see many Indian faces, but the food is more in the spirit of Indian food in India than your local Taj Mahal.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

There is suffient seating, and the cafe never seems to be 'full'. The value is reasonable, all dishes are served with a beautiful uncoventional salad and rice (not a lot of rice for indian standards). But the whole plate is a decent portion for the price and most of all it tastes fresh and traditional. However it is laking a additional pinch of spice.

Overall you'd feel satisfied once you leave the cafe (especially if you try the masala dosa!).

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stopped for a mid-afternoon coffee and was impressed - comfortable leather sofas, lots of big tables, a couple of tiny tables outside on the pavement tucked into the window recess. A good thing I didn't sit on the sofa because I got so comfy I nearly dozed off. I'll definitely be back for food sometime!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Great service and food at lunchtimes. Very authentic and tasty. Vegetarian, vegan, meat and fish dishes available.
The value for money factor has gone down a little but it is possible to get over that by using the tiffin take-away service as that serves 2 for the price of 1. It is necessary to purchase the tiffin container from them so only really practical for locals.
Of all the Thali cafes in Bristol this is my favourite because of the tasty and special food I believe the chefs cook.
I am still not a big fan of the chai here- a bit thin and tepid. Or the cakes/puddings which are expensive and not great quality, that I think is a personal thing.