“The taster was brilliant - will have to go back for more.”

Thali Restaurant Easton
Ranked #418 of 1,761 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Famous for Thalis but you'll find classic Indian snacks, coffee and cakes on the menu too. Quirky decor, great atmosphere, free Wifi, kids welcome. Award-winning Tiffin Takeaway scheme. Great for meetings and business lunches; contact us about catering for your party or celebration.Located in the centre of Easton, this is one of four Thali Cafes in Bristol. We avoid mainstream locations in favour of areas with a strong sense of community where we can foster relationships with local people and businesses.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Have passed this cafe a numer of times when shopping in St Marks Road but only today had an oportunity to pop in for a light lunch. The menu is very varied and looking at what others were being served it all looked excellent, My wife ordered the Express Special of spicy lamb wrap served with salad, Bombay chips, dipping sauce and a glass of chai for just £5.95. I ordered a vegetarian option but struggle to remember its name, something like vedu pau, and also had a glass of chai. There was a large party of 16 and another 5 ordering before us, so we feared the worst and settled down for a long wait. However, we had hardly finished our chai when our food came to the table. It was a light lunch but oh so good. The Bombay chips were brilliant and I have searched the internet for the recipe without sucess. Looking at the size of the masala dosas and other interesting dishes on the menu, we would love to go back some time and eat a full meal.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Lived this place for a long time but have been disappointed with my last 3 visits, and last few tiffins.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had been meaning to try the Thali cafe for some time and ended up going there without planning to at the end of an afternoon shopping in the City Centre.

The atmosphere is extremely relaxed and the service helpful and efficient.

All of the dishes on the menu were described well and sounded delicious so we had difficulty making our choices!
We were very pleased with what we eventuallychose and received(including the Thali speciality dish)

Everything was tasty and beautifully cooked and presented and so eaten with great relish(in more ways than one!) This place will be getting lots more visits form us and we will be taking our friends in order to impress them!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My partner took me here after a trip to the cinema, he assured me that I would not be dissapointed. I really wasn't it is all homemade, including the pistachio icecream * a must *. Everything is clean and the staff are exremely helpful and very friendly.

I cannot wait to dine here again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My first visit to Thali, won't be my last! After too much Belgian beer and pork pies on Saturday
night we went to Thali for breakfast. I had a Dosa which was great. filled with vegetables and looking magnificent it came with dahl and home made chutney. Accompanied also by several strong lattes. The shabby chic interior set the tone for relaxed time eating and reading papers with tables large enough to accommodate the weightiest of broadsheets. The staff were happy, friendly and relaxed and the service relatively quick and efficient. It looked to me to suit a daytime trade and I would be intrigued to see it in action for an evening meal.
I thought the value for money while not outstanding was fair particularly when taking into account the ethical sourcing of ingredients. Will definitely be back to try something else....will probably try an evening!