“Group walking tour of Bristol”
Review of Walking Bristol

Walking Bristol
Ranked #14 of 50 Tours in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking Bristol run Free walking tours of Bristol, a stroll through Bristol's past. Tours run Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Starting at 11am from the statue of Queen Victoria, outside the Royal Marriott hotel on Park street in the city centre. We run for 3 hrs with a stop for lunch at Pieminister. You'll meet pirates, see Banksy artwork, hear about Brunel, learn the dark legacy of the slave trade and wrap it all up with the greatest adventure Bristol has to tell, the story of John Cabot.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Group walking tour of Bristol”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just back from a weekend in Bristol where we took a walking tour for a group of 6. We had an excellent guide who was enthusiastic and very well informed…..we all thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to others….brilliant way of getting to know the city.

Berkeley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Got One Day? Do this!!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

James was an absolute delight! I have done a lot of walking tours around the world and he offered a playful yet informative tour of one of England's quirkiest cities.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely way to see more of Bristol and appreciate its nooks and crannies!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had a fab time on the tour! Walking around Bristol is a great way to see the city and looking up all the time, as encouraged by our excellent guide, James, I noticed so much more of the city than I usually would or have done before, be that street art, architecture or just the general hubbub of such a eclectic city. I loved hearing the legends surrounding the creation of Bristol and the stories James had to tell. He was also exceptionally well informed about the history of the city and was able able to recall many dates and even various quotations (which really impressed me, as a history student). I thoroughly enjoyed myself and and gained a much deeper appreciation and understanding of the city in which I live, I can't recommend this tour enough! (the pieminister lunch was awesome too)

1 Thank MaddyTaylor
Bristol, United Kingdom
“You should go on this walking tour.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

LOVED it! Had such a good afternoon- James' story telling was fantastic and his enthusiasm for the city made me love Bristol even more. Highly recommend to anyone of any age, Bristolian or not. It's fabulous and fun and free, you'd be silly not to go!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great walking tour!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a great tour! Fantastic mix of stories, sights and walker participation! The leader James was a great character with a genuine love for the city! his charisma and engaging chat kept me listening intently! great for both locals to hear some unknown stories and visitors to see the heart of the city!
Highly Recommended!

1 Thank George H

Been to Walking Bristol? Share your experiences!