“good for a weekday evening”
Review of Canteen

Canteen
Ranked #162 of 1,595 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“good for a weekday evening”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We regularly meet friends here after work, yoga or any kind of activity (some of the are based just above Canteen @Hamilton House. No matter what you order, you'll get a complimentary soup. The food is organic, well prepared - I heard they have a new chef but haven't tried yet. Portions are not big but taste good. They have free gigs every single nite which is good while having a chat or drinking your beer.

• Visited February 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Service Inconsistent”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had our office Christmas meal here and I have to say the food was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. However I have to say it did seem like we are an annoyance for many of the staff, having to deal with us on a very busy night for Canteen as a bar it seemed as though food was a secondary consideration compared to the bar area. Which is strange as the food is so good and they promote their menu and Christmas meals too. However one girl was very attentive and made us feel welcomed.
I drink here regularly and as a bar it's great with some brilliant music and maybe it's more 'food-focused' during the day.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food for a bargain price.”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The short menu is always different enough to be interesting. Food is well sourced and cooked with passion, all seems fresh and lively.

The inclusion of soup with all main courses is great and the soup is always tasty.

The muscles are simply incredible.

Staff friendly, coffee very good and real ale selection is probably the best in town excluding the specialist bars.

Runny scotch eggs they sometimes have on the bar are banging if a touch under seasoned.

Best of all is the price, I've been charged four times as much for the same standard of ingredients and cooking.

1 Thank Graeme R
Recife, PE
“Perfect food and amazing dance time”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My salmon was perfect. The band played typical British songs and we had a wonderful time dancing. Quite engaging experience with the local culture.

Visited January 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Work Christmas Do!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I went to Canteen for a work Christmas do last week and was amazed. It was the first time I'd been, and I was very impressed with how everything looked, as well as the quick service we received at the bar. We'd pre-ordered our food, but I was still really pleased with how quickly everything was served, and at the quality and presentation of the food. I have worked in the service industry for years myself, so know how hard it can be to focus on a large party when there are loads of other customers as well. Everything came out at the same time and was delicious. Every member of staff that I encountered was really lovely, despite the fact that it was pretty hectic! Emma (a really lovely lady with short blonde hair) definitely stood out as someone who really knew what she was doing! She was really friendly and very efficient the whole evening and really made the experience one to enjoy! :)

• Visited December 2013