“A great one night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Novotel Bristol Centre
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Bristol
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portishead, United Kingdom
“A great one night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel in April for one night and I have absolutely no complaints. The hotel was clean, the food was great and the staff were friendly. I've stayed in many well known hotel chains in city centres and this stands out as one that hasn't been neglected like many other are. The location is fantastic in Bristol city centre and we won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter than those at the front if you like to sleep with a window open.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Tim Howes, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Business trip booked by office and I had the email confirmation but they couldn't find it and were very offhand. Only when I said I was leaving did they sort it- 20 mins later and queue behind me as reception by now. I ordered room service and they were very pleasant- then it came. It was an obviously reheated frozen cheese omelette which was inedible. They were able to offer as gluten free dessert- again microwaved frozen cake. I'd have been better off going to the Tesco opposite. Add to that very expensive wi-fi so I managed without and a general lack of interest in the guests and I will never be returning. I'd asked to go there as very near office and on the premise a novotel is "OK"- foolish me ay?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Billymyb0y
TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that we were unable lo locate your booking on arrival. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your food. We are very proud of the standard of our food and pleased that the vast majority of feedback we receive about it is positive, including the reviews on this site. I would also like to confirm that we do not stock frozen omelettes, all our omelettes are freshly prepared. We happily replace any food items that guests do not enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to resolve such problems at the time. Regarding WiFi, I am pleased to inform guests that once the contract with our current provider expires in June, we will be offering this service free of charge. Thank you again for your feedback. Tim Howes, General Manager
?
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

At £105 I don't expect to pay extra for internet (which is even free on local buses) television and radio. A choice of noisy fan or noisy road was a pain. A dripping shower and grubby carpets was less than impressive. I chose it partly for the parking, it would have been nice to know that was an extra cost too and at a higher rate than nearby carparks. Not my idea of value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank qwerty6996
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that you were disappointed. Regarding wifi, we are locked into a contract with Orange at the moment but I am glad to say that in June we move to a new provider and will be offering this service free of charge. I have noted your other comments and will follow up with my team. Thank you for letting me know. Tim Howes, General Manager
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed one night (13/14 April) with an infant. Excellent staff at the reception, especially Louisa (I believe) - Team Leader. Big, clean room. Clean bathroom. Location of the hotel - walking distance to Temple Meads. Novotel standard.
Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant. Staff was very good on each occasion. Unimpressed with the breakfast, even though it has a reasonable choice and variety (I believe it needs some veggies - only baked tomatoes and mushrooms - from the English breakfast). Excellent dinner (main course/ dessert/ drink). Lunch (starter, main course/ drink).

Really disappointed in the steak and the fact that the tea cup needed extra cleaning (traces of coffee/ tea were obvious even though they were probably put in the dishwasher). At the check-out, we were warned that it might be busy (but maybe two persons could be at the reception during busy periods?).

I would recommend and would definitely stay again when in Bristol.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed staying and dining in the hotel. Tim Howes, General Manager
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The reception staff were very professional, helpful and friendly which gave a great first impression. We had some problem with our rooms air conditioning which the receptionist handled very well and to our satisfaction. We found our room and the public areas of the hotel were immaculate. The breakfast we had each day was very enjoyable with excellent service and hot and cold choices. Would definitely stay again and have no hesitation in recommending this family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Early bird deals can be had if room booked and paid for in advance.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Tim Howes, General Manager
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is an Accor Hotel, and that ought to say it all, because their standards are generally high. The staff were friendly, the food was good, the prices weren't excessive for what you get, but the room hadn't been properly cleaned, and there were sticky rings on the bed-side table and a rather grubby-looking carpet. Perhaps I'm overly fussy, but I found that disappointing in what was otherwise a good hotel in a good chain.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Cleanliness is of paramount impiortance and I do apologise that found these things wrong with your room. Tim Howes, General Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

As a blind guide dog owner I found the staff so helpful to my wife and I.Great sizes room and I didn't trip over my dog once.Near to centre and train station with a bus stop outside. Will certainly stop here again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

TimHowes, General Manager at Novotel Bristol Centre, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am delighhted that you had such a positive experience in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. Tim Howes, General Manager